Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

SoCal hiker mauled by bear

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

I have hiked/mountain-biked this exact stretch of trail a whole bunch of times, and I know exactly the spot where he was attacked. In later years, before I left California, I often carried (illegally) a .45 in my daypack when hiking/mountain-biking/fishing in the San Gabriel mountains.......not so much because I was worried about bears, but because of (a) human predators that sometimes went up in the hills to party, and (b) numerous mountain lion sightings. At the time, there had been more than one report of mountain lions stalking of hikers, and one woman was killed by a lioness while out for a run on a nature trail. I had to give up a favored fishing spot when I found fresh gang graffiti on the rocks, and the obvious signs of a party on the ground around it - broken beer bottles, cigarette butts, and even a used diaper the last time I went to it. It was a surprise to me at the time that people looking for a place to get high, spray-paint their gang name on the rocks, and make a general mess would make so much effort to carry all their crap that far away from a paved road to do it.

Anyway, bears have been a minor but growing issue in SoCal, as the combined pressures of drought and real estate expansion into formerly secluded places have driven more and more animals into contact with humans. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if California didn't go to such lengths to disarm its serfs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Re: SoCal hiker mauled by bear

Post by bblhd672 »

It's a shame the bear will have to be killed for behaving like a bear. It sure sounds as if the hiker came between a mother and cub.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

bblhd672 wrote:It's a shame the bear will have to be killed for behaving like a bear. It sure sounds as if the hiker came between a mother and cub.
Bear Lives Matter!!!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

loktite

Post by loktite »

It was a bear trap ! :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Obvious aggressive behavior by the bears in response to the oppression from Natural Resource Officers, "FREE THE BEARS"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Other States”