Traveling to Vermont

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Traveling to Vermont

Post by parabelum »

We will be headed up to Vermont again here in the next few weeks.

In the past, once we got to the proximity of the fascist NY State, its take the gun out of holster, empty it, put it into a lockbox separate from ammo/mags time...

Anyone know if this still applies when going through that State, or has anything changed in the last year or so?

I know we're good in AR, TN, KY, WV, PA and VT, but it's that idiotic NY State.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Traveling to Vermont

Post by ScottDLS »

n the past, once we got to the proximity of the fascist NY State, its take the gun out of holster, empty it, put it into a lockbox separate from ammo/mags time...
Once you get to Vermont, keep the lock box handy for when you approach school zones... "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Yes, we shall stop, lock box them, drive 300 feet, stop, take them out of box, go again....

Insanity.

Then you have places like NH where TX chl is not recognized, but you can carry in vehicle as long as it's in open view/plain sight. :lol::

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

parabelum wrote:Yes, we shall stop, lock box them, drive 300 feet, stop, take them out of box, go again....

Insanity.

Then you have places like NH where TX chl is not recognized, but you can carry in vehicle as long as it's in open view/plain sight. :lol::
I'm still waiting on my NH Non-Res Pistol/Revolver License renewal. It expired 11/30, but I mailed in over a month in advance, they cashed my check 12/4... :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

There needs to be a gun friendly corridor to pass through NY state.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Time has come, after a little delay, we are headed out the door and on the road here in an hour.

Not looking forward having to lock up our guns in the safe in PA before we cross into commie NY :banghead:

I really hope that Trump will do something to allow law abiding citizens to travel through a State like NY without having to go through the process of being disarmed, or having to leave their beloved G23 with 13rd mags at home.

Will listen in to the inauguration today as we drive. Bum is out of the office today!

:cheers2:

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

parabelum wrote:
Will listen in to the inauguration today as we drive. Bum is out of the office today!

:cheers2:
I am getting buterfies in my stomach thinking about it. :hurry:
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I have a thrill running up my leg.... "rlol"

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

If you are still reading this as you travel my recommendation is stop in Pa, to eat and gas up. Then do not stop any where in NY. Especially do not spend the night. NY says you are no longer covered by the fed travelers law if you stop at a motel. They say you have reached a destination where you are not permitted to have a firearms!
I don't know what route you are taking but I went via Binghamton, Albany, then took the twisty back roads to Bennington, Vt. You might be just as well taking I-84 across to Ct then north. But that means crossing Ma. on I-91 also.

Little heads up. For anyone carrying a firearm and going across I-84 don't get off the first exit in NY after crossing the bridge from Pa. When you get off the ramp you will be in NJ! The state line runs adjacent to the highway. Last time I was there were no signs letting you know. I didn't realize it til I read the NJ weights and measures tag on the pump
Last edited by 2farnorth on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N5PNZ

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

bblhd672 wrote:There needs to be a gun friendly corridor to pass through NY state.
There is. It's called "chartered airplane". :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

bblhd672 wrote:There needs to be a gun friendly corridor to pass through NY state.

hahahahahaha You need to share some of that which you are drinking/smoking. :lol::
A gun friendly corridor in NY, hahaha that there is just funny.

Blackie
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Blackie »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
There is. It's called "chartered airplane". :biggrinjester:
Justsomeold,
You can fly commercial if you lock your firearm in the suitcase unloaded, and declare it. However, if you have a layover,
do not, repeat, do not pick up your bags. Put some overnight stuff in a carry on. Especially, in New York, the airlines will
tell the police that you picked up your luggage with a firearm in it. Guess what?
If you can, fly straight through. Evade the Gestapo states.
Blackie

Blackie

Post by Blackie »

ScottDLS wrote:
n the past, once we got to the proximity of the fascist NY State, its take the gun out of holster, empty it, put it into a lockbox separate from ammo/mags time...
Once you get to Vermont, keep the lock box handy for when you approach school zones... "rlol"
ScottDLS,
That applies to any state. your Permit to carry applies only to the locals. The feds will nail you on
the 1000 yard rule, which is federal, and ignorance of where the school is, is no excuse. If you get stopped
in that 1000 yards, chances are good that the locals will refer you to the Feds out of spite. There is no
wiggle room in that area.
My favourite carry state outside of Texas, Indiana. I would not buy a phone call in Illinois! Would not be there in the first place.

Blackie

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Blackie wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
ScottDLS,
That applies to any state. your Permit to carry applies only to the locals. The feds will nail you on
the 1000 yard rule, which is federal, and ignorance of where the school is, is no excuse. If you get stopped
in that 1000 yards, chances are good that the locals will refer you to the Feds out of spite. There is no
wiggle room in that area.
My favourite carry state outside of Texas, Indiana. I would not buy a phone call in Illinois! Would not be there in the first place.

Blackie
Except that many states offer non-resident permits which DO cover you for GFSZA. But Vermont doesn't even have RESIDENT permits since it is a permitless carry state. Therefore no Vermont residents, other than on-duty LEO may carry in school zones in Vermont. :rules:

Blackie

Post by Blackie »

Remember, the Feds would love to up their arrest rate and turn legal firearm owners into felons. Maybe President Trump
will do something about the BATF. Like appoint a new director with some smarts. I am a law abiding person, but the
BATF really scares the crap out of me, even if I have done nothing wrong.

Return to “Other States”