MI: Open carry idiots almost win Darwin award

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MI: Open carry idiots almost win Darwin award

Post by Keith B »

Here's the back story on the arrest and charges, as well as the video from the earlier encounter. http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /97544076/

These idiots say they 'audit police' to see how they handle open carriers. They are wearing body armor, carrying SBR's and wearing face cover. The president of Michigan Open Carry condemed them as well. What morons. Sheesh!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Showing up at a police station heavily armed to file a protest about alleged mistreatment is not the wisest way to go about it. What is it with these people who seek armed confrontation? Very good way to end up dead.

“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. - 1 Cor 10: 23
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

According to the article, a patrion saw them putting on a mask and body armor at the store up the street and called the police. Then walked into the station with hand on the handle (:36 into the vid, if you cant see it then ....). I am really put off that people on here recommend that the LEOs should have meet him with open arms and completely overacted.

Sometimes i am speechless..... :???:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

At that level of stupidity their lives must be very painful.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

Idiots.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

TreyHouston wrote: I am really put off that people on here recommend that the LEOs should have meet him with open arms and completely overacted.

I hope your not referring to my responses, if you you completely mis read them :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Being that stupid could've quite possibly ended with these O.C. pinheads dead.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

E.Marquez wrote:
TreyHouston wrote: I am really put off that people on here recommend that the LEOs should have meet him with open arms and completely overacted.

I hope your not referring to my responses, if you you completely mis read them :tiphat:
I was assuming he meant my response. And if that is the case, I should clarify that I did not mean to suggest that the LEO's should have met these citizens with open arms. IMHO, the LEO's should have been alert and prepared just like they always should be regardless of whether weapons are visible. There is a spectrum between walking up to folks with arms outstretched and drawing your gun, screaming profanity, and ordering people to get on the ground. Just because I disagree with someone being on one end of the spectrum does not mean that II thing they should be on the opposite end of it.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

This is one of those situations that just because its legal doesn't mean you should do it. The comments people are posting online supporting these idiots is astonishing.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Knowing the facts now, that would have been a good shoot in my books

Mr_Houston_Guy

Post by Mr_Houston_Guy »

Wearing a ski mask while holding a rifle with two hands while entering a police station, what an idiotic move. With all the anti-police rhetoric the last few years using a police station as a location to open carry as a political statement seems very inappropriate.

Sport Coach

Re: Open carry idiots almost win Darwin award

Post by Sport Coach »

Jusme wrote:These are the type of containers for feminine hygiene products, who give MDA and all other gun grabbers all the ammo they need. They had an agenda, trying to evoke the exact response that they got, and then wanted to argue rather than comply. They may have been legal in carrying guns into the police station, and had they had them slung on their back, probably would have been no issue, but walking in with the same type of masks seen on left wing rioters, and carrying a rifle at low ready, was beyond stupid. To say that they felt threatened, by police, during a traffic stop, on their own video, does not endear them to anyone, either. Maybe the cold has caused frostbite on too many brain cells.
Absolutely! To be soft of these types of people is ridiculous. At this level, stupidity exceeds barely legal. I want police to react in this manner - they didn't shoot anyone - to be prepared and protect themselves just as I would had these idiots come up my driveway "just to say hello." Remember action beats reaction every time and situations change in a split second. You don't want to say you should have seen it coming and didn't prepare.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The issue may not have been as much that they were carrying rifles as to how they were carrying. Both of them were carrying patrol ready position. This is a level that most who have any training in defense will consider a threatening position. Port arms, hasty or rear sweep are levels of carry that show you are not expecting a fight or not on the ready to go to arms. The cops were well within their rights to view these two morons as potentially looking for a gun battle.

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Legal or not, justified or not, these morons made the rest of us look bad. I think someone already referenced a feminine hygiene product, which is a great metaphor for these guys. Now anyone who doesn't know anything about responsible gun owners sees this clip will think we are all like this. Just ammo for the antis.

Thanks guys, we all appreciate the bad spotlight. :banghead:

And yes, I support the LEO reaction. I would have felt extremely threatened if ski mask boy walked in with a rifle at the ready, pistol on the hip, and what looked like a plate carrier...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Other States”