MI: Open carry idiots almost win Darwin award

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MI: Open carry idiots almost win Darwin award

Post by Sport Coach »

bblhd672 wrote:Showing up at a police station heavily armed to file a protest about alleged mistreatment is not the wisest way to go about it. What is it with these people who seek armed confrontation? Very good way to end up dead.

“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. - 1 Cor 10: 23
I'll say a prayer for the idiots who think this sort of "protest" is reasonable and the LEOs who have to deal with it. The next group is likely to escalate the tactic because "nothing happened" this time ... except that it was likely one hand movement might have sent things over the edge.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

Dont forget the body armor!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

They didn't win the Darwin award yet, but they did make it into the big leagues with felony charges for their stunt.

Details here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

Oh my!! What a group of idiots!! They give all of us a bad name. I bet they were wishing they had thought this through a bit more right after they entered the police station!

Joe

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

This says it all right here:

"Let’s be very clear: these are not gun rights activists. These are two men who hate law enforcement who use “open carry” to show their disdain for police, just as we’ve seen from several other open carry activists in Michigan and Texas. None of these men seem to really care about the right to bear arms, but instead are attempting to use the right to bear arms as a shield to torment and terrorize both their fellow citizens and law enforcement officers, which always seem to be the real targets of their ire.

These are the kind of radicals that gun control supporters love, and real gun rights supporters—including sincere open carry activists—loathe."

All of the LEO, with whom I have come in contact, support legal carry by law abiding citizens, and have never once confronted me while carrying. Of course mine is in a holster on my hip, and not carried to threaten. These guys need to get the maximum penalty allowed.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Other States”