Oakland recruiting ex-cons to oversee cops

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Oakland recruiting ex-cons to oversee cops

Post by Abraham »

Perhaps, though it's not April 1st, this is simply a joke to see how much the gullible will bite...?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote:Perhaps, though it's not April 1st, this is simply a joke to see how much the gullible will bite...?

I thought so too, at first, but I saw another article about it, so if it's a joke, lots of people believe it. I have absolutely no problem believing anything that they propose in California.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

They might as well just specify which gangs they want to apply. You know, Crips...bloods...MS-13...Latin Kings...Aryan Brotherhood...they will all of course all love one another and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.... :shock:

What a toilet bowl of a State. :banghead:

It's like that toilet you once walked into when you were in your late teens/early twenties, somewhere in an most obscure run down sewer of a bar, where no blacklight dares to enter. Even Chuck Norris wouldn't go into that...yep, that's California.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Oldgringo wrote:
Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/arti ... 217777.php
Oakland recruiting ex-cons to oversee cops
By Matier & RossJune 14, 2017 Updated: June 15, 2017 9:29am
Former cops need not apply, but former inmates are being encouraged by the city of Oakland to apply for slots on the city’s new police commission.

A notice recently posted on the city’s website for would-be commissioners says, “Must be an Oakland resident. Must be at least 18 years old. Formerly incarcerated individuals encouraged to apply.”

———SNIP———

And what really bugs the cops is that the voter-approved measure creating the commission bars current and former Oakland cops from serving, as well as police union employees.
Californians are so stupid now that they are no longer made dizzy by swirling around the toilet bowl.
I thought, if this was April 1st, that this would have been a great prank. Why stop with "previously" incarcerated? Wouldn't that make a great work program for current inmates? "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

I can't imagine the level of stupidity, that one must possess, to be elected in California. Is a full frontal Lobotomy, a pre-requisite to run for office?
Methinks it's the stupidity of the electors more so than the stupidity of the electees?
My use of the word "Californians" in the OP includes both categories.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Other States”