Officials Attempt to Circumvent Indiana Carry Law

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Officials Attempt to Circumvent Indiana Carry Law

Post by MechAg94 »

ELB wrote:
greyjack wrote:It's no big deal because they're just following orders?

:banghead:

I understand Mr. Freeman is an attorney and has to go to that courthouse for business, but I'm free to be frank about armed men sent to intimidate someone and refusing to say who sent them.
Freeman knew that was nonsense, so asked the officers who made those allegations and who ordered them to question him. They reportedly told him they could not tell him. Freeman believes someone may have intended to intimidate him for raising questions and asking for public information.
Mr. Freeman has never been shy about excoriating anyone, cops or others, when he thought them out of line. If he says the deputies were not out of line to investigate, then I frankly feel he probably knows what he's talking about.
I don't consider it out of line to ask a question. I do consider it out of line to pull him into a bathroom or do the questioning in some out of the way spot outside of public view.

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

Did I read that right? Judge Tom Busch ruled there's no right to face your accuser in Indiana?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

Ameer wrote:
Did I read that right? Judge Tom Busch ruled there's no right to face your accuser in Indiana?
No, you didn't read it right. All the judge told him was that he couldn't take depositions of the deputies prior to trial, he could (as the county attorney argued) ask them in open court.

Btw, if you read the article closely you will realize the Sheriff already told the newspaper who (at least one of) the "accuser" is.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Other States”