Hobbs, NM chilis

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 2

Hobbs, NM chilis

Post by GreenMan0352 »

First let me say that if this is against forum rules or in the wrong section I apologize and moderators if you need to move this or delete it then no hard feelings.

Over the weekend one of my coworkers who lives in Hobbs told me about this fight at the Chilis in Hobbs, NM. It was with a group of Banditos and some local biker group there in Hobbs. The guy who did the shooting turned himself in this morning he was my coworkers friend. I actually talked to the guy yesterday. Out of respect for him and seeing as it is an ongoing investigation I won’t go into all the details but what I can say is a brief story of what he said.

He and a couple of his biker friends were at Chilis eating. A couple of Banditos arrived and told them they needed to pay their tab and leave. They did and when they got outside the other biker group started mouthing off and one of his friends “oatmeal” said something back. At that point it was on. They got beat up pretty bad and he drew his weapon and shot their Sergeant in Arms in the log because he thought they would kill his friend.

That’s all I feel would be okay to share at this point.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/s ... /942055422

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hobbs, NM chilis

Post by G.A. Heath »

Thanks for posting this, I work in Seminole and have been paying attention to this one.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hobbs, NM chilis

Post by GreenMan0352 »

I can also say the guy turned himself in due to fear of retaliation for shooting. However I doubt prison will offer him the safety he seeks.

I mainly wanted to share this to remind others to use your firearm when absolutely necessary and never flee the scene. He probably could have gotten off on self defense. He made a mess of things though and I forget the exact term they’re charging him with but I know it was a third degree felony.

Return to “Other States”