Call to Action--Time is Running Out

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Call to Action--Time is Running Out

Post by Jasonw560 »

RPB wrote:Just got off the phone with Justin at Hunter's office and he said "750 is campus carry and we've been told the problem is that if we send it over, the Senate will kill it" "The Senate tried attaching it to Zaffrini's bill and she pulled it" :shock: :grumble

I explained that in the Senate, coming from the House it only will need 16 votes, and Wentworth consistently had 19/20 votes so I can almost guarantee it will pass if you guys get it there" The reason Zaffrini pulled her bill is that they COULD NOT kill the campus carry part ..." MORE THAN a majority of the Senate supports campus carry.

He said ok thank you and hung up.

:headscratch

I"m guessing all the Staff/Interns don't know all the rules we are learning :lol:
---------------
Bonham agrees with us; campus carry is more important than bingo and cosmetology. "rlol"

----------
-----------
That means the good Rep.Hunter doesn't know all of the rules, either.

Guess this is a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by RPB »

Zerwas and Keffer are sponsors/authors ... I e-mailed them the conversation I had with Justin in Hunter's office informing them of Senate rules etc

Zerwas is a co-sponsor of 750 (and former classmate of mine) of course he wants it on the calendar.
I said "Hey, I'm ___ ___ former classmate of John's and I think when Hunter last week delayed HB 750 from Calendars, he was waiting for 2178, which has now been sent to Calendars, so you can add them both ... just calling to remind John"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

I just called and talked to John in Rep. Hunter's office. Sounded rushed, so he just said that Rep. hunter is a co-sponsor of 750, and he would pass my message along.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Jasonw560 wrote:I just called and talked to John in Rep. Hunter's office. Sounded rushed, so he just said that Rep. hunter is a co-sponsor of 750, and he would pass my message along.
Perhaps because all the other Committee members are calling to teach Justin the Senate rules "rlol"
Most I talked to are for the bills .... others laughed when I said "I was looking at the calendar with the bingo and cosmetology ... and when the guy in the parking lot pulled a knife on me I really wasn't thinking haircuts and bingo ... I think priorities need to be looked at when calendars are made" :mrgreen: Even any not sponsoring it laughed or got solemn and said they'd pass it on.

Hopefully a calendars meeting will be announced on the floor today

Then again he might be rushed because :

CSGV CSGV
New SGFS #TX alert: Help students & law enforcement finish off insane #NRA guns on campus bill! http://fb.me/QQieQ39C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 minutes ago

and

sgfstexas TX Gun-Free Schools
Jamming the guns on campus bills: almost there -
http://eepurl.com/dJE5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours ago
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

by the way

For anyone not calling due to long distance etc:

Free calls & text messages to the U.S. & Canada.
https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... ltmpl=open" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no affiliation with Google, but there are ways to call long distance free.
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

This may help if someone has limited time/resources to contact Calendar Committee members:
Calendar committee in red or blue

HB 750 sponsors (Calendars committee members are in red)

Author: Driver | Miller, Sid | Hancock | Zerwas
Coauthor: Aliseda | Anderson, Charles "Doc" | Anderson, Rodney | Beck | Berman | Bohac | Bonnen | Brown | Burkett | Button | Cain | Callegari | Carter | Chisum | Christian | Cook | Creighton | Davis, John | Eissler | Elkins | Fletcher | Flynn | Frullo | Geren | Gonzales, Larry | Gooden | Guillen | Hamilton | Hardcastle | Harper-Brown | Hilderbran | Hopson | Howard, Charlie | Huberty | Hughes | Hunter | Isaac | Jackson, Jim | Keffer | King, Phil | King, Susan | King, Tracy O. | Kleinschmidt | Kolkhorst | Kuempel | Landtroop | Larson | Laubenberg | Lavender | Legler | Lyne | Madden | Martinez, "Mando" | Miller, Doug | Murphy | Nash | Orr | Otto | Parker | Paxton | Pena | Perry | Phillips | Price | Quintanilla | Riddle | Schwertner | Scott | Sheets | Sheffield | Shelton | Simpson | Smith, Todd | Smith, Wayne | Smithee | Solomons | Taylor, Larry | Taylor, Van | Torres | Vicky Truitt | Weber | White | Workman | Zedler

11 Author/Sponsors are on Calendar Committee
----------------

Not authors/ Sponsors:
Rep. Dan Branch – (512) 463-0367 - FAX: (512) 322-9935 (use MyFax.com/free) - dan.branch@house.state.tx.us
Rep. Eddie Rodriguez - (512) 463-0674 - eddie.rodriguez@house.state.tx.us
Rep. Garnet Coleman - (512) 463-0524 - district147.coleman@house.state.tx.us
Rep. Eddie Lucio III – (512) 463-0606 - eddie.lucio_iii@house.state.tx.us
Rep. Allan Ritter – (512) 463-0706 - allan.ritter@house.state.tx.us

Omly 5 Calendar Committee members did not sponsor/author HB 750
I'm no lawyer

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

I've sent a call to action to the South Texas Tea Party group on Facebook. Hopefully they can get it out statewide and get people calling.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Jasonw560 wrote:I've sent a call to action to the South Texas Tea Party group on Facebook. Hopefully they can get it out statewide and get people calling.
:clapping: :thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Senate discussing and just passed House Bill 1806; relating to altering the length of a fish during a fishing tournament.
Seriously? Glad nothing more important is pending.
This bill must affect millions of people.
==========================================

SENATE DISCUSSING CONCEALED CARRY SB 905
motion to suspend rules 26 ayes

rules suspended

Relating to the application of certain concealed handgun license laws to statewide elected officials, certain current and former members of the legislature, and certain federal and state employees.

Finally passed
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=44912&p=544971#p544971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

OCD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OCD »

RPB wrote:Senate discussing and just passed House Bill 1806; relating to altering the length of a fish during a fishing tournament.
Seriously? Glad nothing more important is pending.
This bill must affect millions of people.
==========================================

SENATE DISCUSSING CONCEALED CARRY SB 905
motion to suspend rules 26 ayes

rules suspended

Relating to the application of certain concealed handgun license laws to statewide elected officials, certain current and former members of the legislature, and certain federal and state employees.

Finally passed
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=44912&p=544971#p544971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hypocrites. Passing campus carry (plus a lot more) for themselves while blocking campus carry for voters.

I hope the voters remember the betrayal when it's our turn to vote.
Open Carry Dog

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”