HB750 has not been turned into House Calendars Yet

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

aggiedev
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB750 has not been turned into House Calendars Yet

Post by aggiedev »

J.R.@A&M wrote:I phoned the Calendars committee members on Friday. I also emailed them all this morning:

Dear Rep. X. I am a professor and live in College Station. I strongly support HB 750 as a personal insurance/anti-crime law. It is indeed a measure involving personal risk, personal security, and personal liability. As such, you and I should have the choice about whether to get a CHL and carry concealed. I should have the choice, not university administration. The restriction on concealed carry in campus buildings has implications that reach far off campus. It affects me if I want to hike, bike, or ride the bus to campus (i.e., it effectively disarms CHLs en route). It affects me when I drive to campus by legally requiring me to leave my firearm in my car -- much more subject to theft than if it were on my person. The campus restriction effectively forces me to be disarmed when I drive across Texas to conduct educational programs for Texas AgriLife Extension Service. I respectfully ask that you let this proposal have consideration by the full House.
Well said! :clapping: As a staff member at Texas A&M I appreciate your voice on this issue!

CJD
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CJD »

aggiedev wrote:
J.R.@A&M wrote:I phoned the Calendars committee members on Friday. I also emailed them all this morning:

Dear Rep. X. I am a professor and live in College Station. I strongly support HB 750 as a personal insurance/anti-crime law. It is indeed a measure involving personal risk, personal security, and personal liability. As such, you and I should have the choice about whether to get a CHL and carry concealed. I should have the choice, not university administration. The restriction on concealed carry in campus buildings has implications that reach far off campus. It affects me if I want to hike, bike, or ride the bus to campus (i.e., it effectively disarms CHLs en route). It affects me when I drive to campus by legally requiring me to leave my firearm in my car -- much more subject to theft than if it were on my person. The campus restriction effectively forces me to be disarmed when I drive across Texas to conduct educational programs for Texas AgriLife Extension Service. I respectfully ask that you let this proposal have consideration by the full House.
Well said! :clapping: As a staff member at Texas A&M I appreciate your voice on this issue!
As a student I also appreciate it!

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

HB 750 was turned in to the Calendars Committee on 4/1/11.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Ameer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ameer »

baldeagle wrote:HB 750 was turned in to the Calendars Committee on 4/1/11.
And got stuck there for the rest of the 82(R) session. Why did the committee kill it?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Coogan

Post by Coogan »

Ameer wrote:
baldeagle wrote:HB 750 was turned in to the Calendars Committee on 4/1/11.
And got stuck there for the rest of the 82(R) session. Why did the committee kill it?
The reason I think it was never scheduled for a vote was because it would have met the same fate in the Senate as SB354 (still needed a two-thirds vote to suspend the rules).

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

It's not guaranteed to pass so why try? I don't buy that excuse.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

:iagree: Senate got Campus Carry "attached" twice, passed once.
House? sleeping/ambivalent/playing?
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

RPB wrote::iagree: Senate got Campus Carry "attached" twice, passed once.
House? sleeping/ambivalent/playing?
We need to fire the guy who appointed the calendar committee.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”