Special Session?

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

AJ80
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Special Session?

Post by AJ80 »

Has there been any news yet on whether or not campus carry will be included?

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

AJ80 wrote:Has there been any news yet on whether or not campus carry will be included?
And will the Barrons' 60th anniversary be properly recognized? :headscratch

BrianSW99
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BrianSW99 »

I just read an article that said they've revived the statewide smoking ban bill yesterday in the special session. Was that specifically added to the call?

It seems like if they can take up topics like that, they ought to be able to add campus carry to the list too.

Brian

Coogan

Post by Coogan »

BrianSW99 wrote:I just read an article that said they've revived the statewide smoking ban bill yesterday in the special session. Was that specifically added to the call?
It wasn't specifically added to the call by Gov. Perry, but they are going to argue that it is a state "fiscal matters" bill since (they say) it will save the state money with health care costs.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RPB »

Coogan wrote:
BrianSW99 wrote:I just read an article that said they've revived the statewide smoking ban bill yesterday in the special session. Was that specifically added to the call?
It wasn't specifically added to the call by Gov. Perry, but they are going to argue that it is a state "fiscal matters" bill since (they say) it will save the state money with health care costs.
Like giving Universities immunity from damages and immunity from lawsuits/legal fees and freezing insurance premiums if a CHL who happens to be carrying "on campus" ... rather than getting a gun stolen from his/her car where he/she is currently FORCED to store it and an insurer or the University (taxpayers) paying multi-millions in settlements and legal fees and fines, like a University in Virginia did (and still is... since they are appealing fines from this year and 2 lawsuits are unsettled and pending in the Courts still), and is passing costs on to taxpayers.. yet the odd/strange thing is ..there is/was no law against carrying for a licensee there, so it wasn't even "illegal" therefore it's "allowed" by the State ... just a policy at the school disallowed it at the penalty of being expelled, but not arrested, since it's legal.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

I keep waking up every morning hoping to hear the early morning commentators squawking about how Perry added campus carry to the special session call. When I don't hear it, I go into the den, pull uphttp://www.faxzero.com, and respectfully ask him to do so. It may be a lost cause, but there is little cost in continued communications.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”