SB354 offered as amendement to SB 1581

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 24

Re: SB354 offered as amendement to SB 1581

Post by RPB »

hirundo82 wrote:
Hoi Polloi wrote:A number of the articles I read said they'll be able to carry in churches, restaurants, and sporting events, unlike other CHL holders.

What a crazy mish-mash of misunderstandings!
The Fox station in Houston was saying that they would be allowed to carry in places regular people couldn't, including churches, bars, and businesses. The last one had me going :headscratch
They mean 30.06 signs aren't addressed to "legislators with CHLs," like gunbuster signs aren't addressed to "regular folk CHLs"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 6

Post by hirundo82 »

RPB wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:
Hoi Polloi wrote:A number of the articles I read said they'll be able to carry in churches, restaurants, and sporting events, unlike other CHL holders.

What a crazy mish-mash of misunderstandings!
The Fox station in Houston was saying that they would be allowed to carry in places regular people couldn't, including churches, bars, and businesses. The last one had me going :headscratch
They mean 30.06 signs aren't addressed to "legislators with CHLs," like gunbuster signs aren't addressed to "regular folk CHLs"
I was just seeing in another thread that that's what they may have meant, except 1) SB905 doesn't exempt legislaors from §30.06, and 2) I'm pretty sure the news didn't say "businesses that prohibit guns" (I can't be 100% sure they didn't say that; I wasn't completely awake).
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

There is a thread on SB905; let's keep this one on campus-carry.

Thanks,
Chas.

Kahrry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kahrry »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:There is a thread on SB905; let's keep this one on campus-carry.

Thanks,
Chas.
Now see, here I was thinking (as the news reported it) that somehow a stipulation for legislator carry was tied to campus carry. :headscratch
Kahr CW9
Springfield XD40 sub-compact

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

Perhaps we need a "legislation for dummies" sticky. :evil2:

Can someone please translate this?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Kahrry wrote: Now see, here I was thinking (as the news reported it) that somehow a stipulation for legislator carry was tied to campus carry. :headscratch
Why would you want to carry a legislator? (Unless he's already tarred, feathered and straddling a rough-hewn rail, of course.)

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

Venus Pax wrote:Can someone please translate this?
To translate "this" you have to know what the meaning of the word "is" is. :lol:
[youtube][/youtube]

The major parts of campus carry were added to a senate bill that also relates to education. (germane)

Now we want the authors of the house companion bill to substitute the senate version (including campus carry) and pass it.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

A-R

Post by A-R »

Ameer wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Never has a single sentence more perfectly described the character of a person.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”