Seeking properly done opinion poll on Texas campus carry

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oldtexan

Seeking properly done opinion poll on Texas campus carry

Post by oldtexan »

Does anyone here know of a properly done study of opinions on campus carry in Texas? Anyone have a link? I haven't seen any and am trying to find one.

I did a Google search but found no properly done polls.

I'm talking about a scientifically done poll by an entity that's in the business of conducting polls, where the respondents are chosen to represent the populace, etc, etc. I am not talking about an "unscientific" poll question on a TV station website where respondents self-select.

Thanks in advance.

megs
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Seeking properly done opinion poll on Texas campus carry

Post by megs »

Campus rapes are much more common than mass shootings, so an honest poll would ask about allowing women to carry to stop campus rapes and not mention Virginia Tech.

Topic author
oldtexan

Post by oldtexan »

megs wrote:Campus rapes are much more common than mass shootings, so an honest poll would ask about allowing women to carry to stop campus rapes and not mention Virginia Tech.

I think mentioning either Va Tech or rapes in a poll is a manipulative device to influence answers in one way or another.

megs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by megs »

How about a poll that asks if the bill of rights should apply at colleges?

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AEA »

How about a Poll to eliminate "Point of Order" executions of Bills in the Texas House? :banghead:

And.......make them work every year instead of every 2nd year! :mad5
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

AEA wrote:And.......make them work every year instead of every 2nd year! :mad5
NO! Right now they work 140 days every two years. We should be working to reverse that. We do not want them there any more often than we absolutely have to have them.
Steve Rothstein

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

srothstein wrote:
AEA wrote:And.......make them work every year instead of every 2nd year! :mad5
NO! Right now they work 140 days every two years. We should be working to reverse that. We do not want them there any more often than we absolutely have to have them.
:iagree: Takes longer to undo what they do wrong but at least they have less time to do wrong in the first place!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

:iagree: if they worked any more they'd spend way more of our $$ just look at what happens in other states...uh, uh, 140 days is plenty! besides, you know they're going to end this session, and start an "emergency" session working on the budget and redistricting anyway....at least I don't think they got the redistricting done did they? and I'm pretty sure they pretty much have been planning on doing the budget later (I've been working on other stuff and set the leg aside for a couple of weeks)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Cut the session in half, all "fluff" done in the 2 years between sessions, give them vouchers for the value menu breakfasts and Happy Meals and they can all stay in a Super 8 or Motel 6 near the Capitol.

Better yet, they can all get hide-a-beds (on their dimes) and sleep in their offices.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”