UW to Allow Guns Outside, Not in Buildings

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

UW to Allow Guns Outside, Not in Buildings

Post by RPB »

The University of Wisconsin will allow concealed weapons outside, including tailgates, but not inside buildings at any of its campuses statewide, including Madison.
http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/UW_t ... witterfeed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, we know no armed robber or mass murderers would go inside a building; and there's lockers on the front porch of each building so you don't have to walk to your car unprotected

:banghead:

California has better laws, where you can carry in a classroom without it being illegal, just like in Virginia.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Heartland Patriot

Re: UW to Allow Guns Outside, Not in Buildings

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Well, I'd certainly like it if "institutes of higher learning" here in Texas would quit being such a pain in the neck about this. The school I am attending won't even allow them in your vehicle, or you will face "disciplinary actions" (get kicked out of school) if it is found. Now, I'm just a working class guy, and so I am attending for a technical program. AND, right next door to our building, sharing the same parking lot, is the LAW ENFORCEMENT building...and they have dogs...so, if you carry in your car, and a dog alerts on it...bye-bye academic career and whatever successes in life hinged on that piece of paper. I wish the parking lot bill would have included college campuses...to state that the school couldn't have any retribution against you for having it in your vehicle. But we get the situation we are in due to a few weak-kneed (or greedy) politicians in this state coupled with out-of-state anti-self-defense forces putting their noses in other peoples' business. Oh, and a mass-media system that pretended they care about students' safety...seems like they cared more about the bad guys safety, to me. So, if that is what Wisconsin has for now, its better than what we have... :grumble

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: UW to Allow Guns Outside, Not in Buildings

Post by RPB »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Well, I'd certainly like it if "institutes of higher learning" here in Texas would quit being such a pain in the neck about this. The school I am attending won't even allow them in your vehicle, or you will face "disciplinary actions" (get kicked out of school) if it is found. Now, I'm just a working class guy, and so I am attending for a technical program. AND, right next door to our building, sharing the same parking lot, is the LAW ENFORCEMENT building...and they have dogs...so, if you carry in your car, and a dog alerts on it...bye-bye academic career and whatever successes in life hinged on that piece of paper. I wish the parking lot bill would have included college campuses...to state that the school couldn't have any retribution against you for having it in your vehicle. But we get the situation we are in due to a few weak-kneed (or greedy) politicians in this state coupled with out-of-state anti-self-defense forces putting their noses in other peoples' business. Oh, and a mass-media system that pretended they care about students' safety...seems like they cared more about the bad guys safety, to me. So, if that is what Wisconsin has for now, its better than what we have... :grumble
:iagree: And what I find amazing is all the people in other States' attitudes toward "Texans and their guns" when our laws in this area are more restrictive (criminalizing campus carry) than over half the other States.
Wisconsin became the 49th state to decriminalize bearing arms for defense when Governor Scott Walker signed SB 93 into law on July 8.

The law, which goes into effect in November, removes the state prohibition on concealed carry, limiting possession of firearms on K-12 institutions but excluding college campuses.
http://www.concealedcampus.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”