*Update*Looking for Detention officer job.

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Texas_Tactical
Posts in topic: 2

*Update*Looking for Detention officer job.

Post by Texas_Tactical »

Im looking for a job as a detention officer somewhere in the East Texas area. I have a year experience in the jail and have my state jailer license. Thanks
Last edited by Texas_Tactical on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for Detention officer job.

Post by gigag04 »

I know our county jail is always turning people over:
http://www.brazoscountysheriff.org/Recruiting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also if you're looking to LEO at some point my agency is testing in April, as is a nearby sister agency. PM me for more info.

ETA: I don't work for BCSO. But I have a bunch of buddies that do.
Last edited by gigag04 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
Texas_Tactical
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texas_Tactical »

Thanks for the info. Gig. I looked at the website and it looks a sight better than the counties up here in the northeast. But I've been trying to get on closer to home without relocating. (family, etc.)

*Update* I most likely have a job with a county thats within driving distance of home. But I definitely want to get a patrol spot, If you've ever worked in the jail you'll know the difference(the streets being MUCH better) However, I think it would be best for me to get some college under my belt and some more jail experience on paper before I can start applying around. I'm only 22, I've got time I can wait. ;-) Have to go tomorrow and set the dates for Physical, Drug test, Psychological :crazy: and Fill out paperwork. the salary is about the same. I'm not a fan of 5/8's I'm used to 2on 2off 12's but I have nothing to complain about.

I've been out of stable full-time work for 6 months it will feel good to get back to work. The Jail is a rodeo at times, especially in the smaller ones that aren't ran like the large ones you see on TV. Even though it's not Patrol I'm still looking forward to putting on a duty rig again...

Which reminds me I need a new rig, time to go shopping!

mt_goodrich
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mt_goodrich »

Congrats on the new job.

Hopefully you will be able to transfer to patrol after a short period of time.

Return to “Job Board”