Well that was odd!

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

OlBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Well that was odd!

Post by OlBill »

Have you thought about a FEMA job temporarily?

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jnazee »

Jnazee wrote:My husband was laid off from his 30 year job on May 1st, and started at Walmart dc on August 8. He really seems to like it. Maybe they are still hiring.
This is funny, While typing this message I got a call from Walmart DC asking for my daughter to give them a call back. Apparently they are still hiring.
Don't know how far you are from Cleburne or if you would even like that type of work, but looks like they are still hiring.

Will be praying for ya
Mkay, I'm back on here with my head hung in shame :oops: . Walmart dc is 30.06 and 30.07. I don't even want to work there. They have big signs posted as you are pulling into the parking lot, can't miss them.

Still praying for y'all

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

Walmart Distribution Centers are not commonly open to the public, so that would mean the huge majority of traffic would be employees or vendors who are on the job. The signs are up at Distribution Centers for that reason, just as the stores do not allow employees to carry during working hours but they notify them through HR and employee handbooks. However, they cannot legally restrict an employee with an current LTC from keeping their concealed handgun in the employee parking in their locked vehicle.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

lonestar144 wrote:If I had a choice between carrying my firearm or earning an income, would choose income any day. refusing to work cause they dont allow carry, is just not a very bright idea. just my .02.
:iagree: My husband works there. I'm a stay at home wife, mother, granny, and aunt. (Meaning I'm the kid keeper while everyone else works)
I was just being mouthy.
If I had to work outside the home, a job would be a job.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I agree, a job is a job. I've been looking for about 2 months now with no luck. Unemployment helps, but just barely and it doesn't last forever. Most companies would rather get a fresh faced MBA grad than someone with 15+ years experience. Oh well.

I'll keep saying my prayers and never give up.

Jusme, good luck, My Friend.

Max

p.s., Hewlett Packard has 30.07 and 30.06 signs at every building entrance and they are definitely not open to the public.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Just wanted to update everyone, I've been blessed in that I found gainful employment about three weeks after being dismissed. I am working very close to home at a gun store. I won't name it but I'm sure that if you live in the DFW area, you have heard our commercials. My stress levels have dropped to zero, and I truly enjoy going to work everyday. I am learning more everyday and I really enjoy helping first time gun buyers, pick out a gun that they will be comfortable carrying. Thanks for all of the responses, and prayers.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Great to hear Jusme. Hopefully you'll be able to make a breakfast with us again in the near future!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Jusme wrote:Just wanted to update everyone, I've been blessed in that I found gainful employment about three weeks after being dismissed. I am working very close to home at a gun store. I won't name it but I'm sure that if you live in the DFW area, you have heard our commercials. My stress levels have dropped to zero, and I truly enjoy going to work everyday. I am learning more everyday and I really enjoy helping first time gun buyers, pick out a gun that they will be comfortable carrying. Thanks for all of the responses, and prayers.

That is great news! We have missed you at our get togethers!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Congratulations.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Congratulations! Hope to see you at next breakfast!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Well, Congrats Justme. Thats very good news. Very good. You might even get in on some good deals working there. I'm very happy for you. :tiphat:

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Praising God, He is good. Congratulations Jusme
:thewave

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Jusme wrote:Just wanted to update everyone, I've been blessed in that I found gainful employment about three weeks after being dismissed. I am working very close to home at a gun store. I won't name it but I'm sure that if you live in the DFW area, you have heard our commercials. My stress levels have dropped to zero, and I truly enjoy going to work everyday. I am learning more everyday and I really enjoy helping first time gun buyers, pick out a gun that they will be comfortable carrying. Thanks for all of the responses, and prayers.
Outstanding!

Prayers answered again.

You're not only employed, but working at what you love - it doesn't get better than that.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Nano

Post by Nano »

Congratulations Jusme. Very happy for you. :woohoo
NRA Member

Return to “Job Board”