2009 wish list

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2009 wish list

Post by Liberty »

If Dick Cheney or former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales had a CHL it would be suspended. An indictment is only a charge and it doesn't seem right that a simple accusation can get ones CHL pulled. I would like to legislation to change this rule. OK its not on the on the scale of school carry or parking lit bill, but we live in a state where DAs are sometimes are more corrupt than the folks they try to press charges on.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nitrogen »

My wife is going to a posted hospital for surgery next week, so I remembered something from AZ that I wish we had:

Safe Storage requirements for businesses that post 30.06.

That'd be a nice-to-have.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

TEX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TEX »

REASONABLE ONES

Employee parking lot law prohibiting employers from firing or disciplining employees as long as the firearm is inside a locked vehicle or locked compartment and out of sight.

Allow college campus carry whether a student or not.

Removal of law prohibiting CHL carrying at professional sporting events

Allow CHL to also cover certain other weapons like prohibited knives, etc.

A grandfather law for ranges that meet certain minimum safety standards. If they were there first, urbanization should be able to close them down unless it can be WELL proven that it has become a hazard to the public. The TSRA, by code, would be responsible for setting those minimum standards, not some anti-gun liberal tur* in Austin.

WISH LIST

A total exemption from property taxes for shooting ranges of any kind whether part of a club, training facility or by-session recreation range.

Removal of state sales tax on ammunition, firearms and range fees or range membership fees. Prohibition of any other sales tax on such by any other government entity including the federal; government.

A small change in the wording of the 30.06 sign so that all previous signs would instantly become null and void, but few other than CHL holders would know this, plus wording in statutes that say without any debate that if a 30.06 sign does not meet the description in codes “exactly” a CHL holder cannot be prosecuted (not a defense to, but prohibition)

A two tier CHL system, where additional training (about 40 hours) and a much tougher practical test would lift almost all restrictions on where a higher tier CHL holder could carry. I know most people wouldn’t agree with this, but I know of plenty of good souls with CHLs that make me wince at the thought of them having to shoot at anything beyond three meters.

Firearms safety to be taught in Texas public schools, based on Eddie Eagle program for primary school. The four main safety rules (as taught by Gunsite, Thunder Ranch and the like) starting in secondary school. No gun handling required. Also a required class (secondary and on) based on the benefit hunters offer the state both in revenue and animal population control. All the above classes have to be taught by a certified NRA or TRSA instructor so avoid a whinny liberal teacher from reversing the intent.

A $10,000,000 automatic fine against any government entity that attempts to pass a law in violation of state exemption law.

State prohibition of ALL toll roads and a return of all present toll roads to full unpaid public access with in 10 years. Not CHL related, but this is the wish list part.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”