TSRA Alert: HB1301, Same as SB370 Park'g Lots

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

TSRA Alert: HB1301, Same as SB370 Park'g Lots

Post by ELB »

TSRA just sent out an email alert asking members to call their representatives urging support for HB 1301, which is identical to SB 370, the bill that "... would allow concealed handgun licensees the option of personal protection on their trip to and from their work environment; as well as protecting the jobs of hunters and sport shooting enthusiasts."

The actual bill: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... ill=HB1301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Contacting your representative: http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/mnuAddress.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I called mine already. Have at it.

elb

p.s. of course you all know this because you are all TSRA members already, right? Right?
USAF 1982-2005

Wrightwing

Re: TSRA Alert: HB1301, Same as SB370 Park'g Lots

Post by Wrightwing »

Email sent & phone call to Charlie Geren. He has helped me in the past, I reminded him that there are 4 registered voters in my household.
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tfrazier »

I wrote to my Rep, Vicki Truitt and also wrote the following article...please get anyone who is on the fence on this issue to read the article...hopefully it will sway them into calling their reps: http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... w_gun.html

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nitrogen »

Call outgoing to Jodie Laubenberg's office. They'll call me back with her position.
Do house staff usually return phone calls, or is it like calling a business and will I have to call back?
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

tfrazier

Post by tfrazier »

nitrogen wrote:Call outgoing to Jodie Laubenberg's office. They'll call me back with her position.
Do house staff usually return phone calls, or is it like calling a business and will I have to call back?
This will be easier for you:
Go to http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/welcome.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and find your rep. Click on their name and then click on their email link. Write your message to them, click submit (and here's the tricky part!) ...after you click submit, don't close your browser because you still have to click send to deliver the email. Clicking submit just gives you a preview of the message you're about to send. Be sure to include your name, address, and home phone number in the message body (even though you fill that in at the top) so they'll know you are one of their constituents when some assistant prints it out and drops it on their desk.

You can see the message I sent at http://www.4fraziers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at the bottom of my article if you'd like some sample wording.

tfrazier

Post by tfrazier »

And another helpful hint, if you don't want to go through the web site and already know your representative's name and district number, the Texas House email address standard is DistrictXX.[Rep's Last Name]@house.state.tx.us

For example, Vicki Truitt's email address is District98.Truitt@house.state.tx.us

Dave01

Post by Dave01 »

nitrogen wrote:Call outgoing to Jodie Laubenberg's office. They'll call me back with her position.
I contacted her in regard to HB410 via e-mail. Within a few days I received a letter in the mail expressing her support for this bill and 2A rights in general. About a week later, I received a second letter stating she became a co-author of HB410.

I will contact her also, but based on my previous experience, I suspect she will support this bill

Dave

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm not going to hijack this thread, but since it deals with employer parking lot bills, I wanted to let everyone know that employee gun owners won a huge victory in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals in the Oklahoma parking lot case filed by employers (including ConocoPhillips).

A link to a post on this subject can be seen below. Please keep responses to the Oklahoma case on the other thread.

Thanks,
Chas.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 48&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Called Rep. Brain McCall's office and asked for him to support and possibly co-sponsor the bill. His aide stated that she was not sure how he stood on this bill, but was aware that he did support Open Carry, so I am relatively sure he will be a supporter of this bill! :thumbs2:

However, not all Representatives may be on our side. It is important to voice your views to you your Representatives (HB1301) and Senators (SB730). PLEASE call and let them know we need their support!!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nitrogen »

Rep Laubenberg's office just called me back. She hasn't read the bill in detail yet, but her office let me know she fully supports gun rights, as well as an open carry bill if the language was properly done and germane.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Called Ken Paxton's office, but only got voice mail.

Edited to add:

AT 2:08pm I got a call back from a staffer who said that Rep. Paxton would be notified of my request.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

I called Rep. McCall today but was only able to reach an aide. I expressed my support for the bill, and the aide said she would have the rep give me a call back. She also said they've been getting alot of calls about this bill, but could not tell me Rep. McCall's position (something about needing to review the "logistics").

EDIT: Rep. McCall personally returned my call today. He said that he had not read the bill but generally supports "guns in cars". He listed a couple of reasons why he supports this type of legislation, and I chimed in with a few reasons of my own. He closed by stating that he can't make a commitment to support (or oppose) HB1301 until he sees it in its final form, but stressed his support for the idea behind it. Overall, I was very impressed and believe that we can count on him to make the right decision if/when the bill comes to a vote.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”