Urgent Action Items: Parking lots & campus-carry

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Urgent Action Items: Parking lots & campus-carry

Post by joe817 »

Hi deep6, and welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

Other than dying in committee, or dying due to the chubbing on the last day, what information are you seeking?

Other than waiting for them to be introduced at the next legislative session, nothing can be done....except get ready for the next elections! :rules:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

cling

Post by cling »

deep6 wrote:Is there any more information on these Bills (SB730 & HB1301)?
The parking lot bills died.
Better. Not Bitter.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

Douva wrote:I wish there were some way to calculate how much of the House's time during the 2009 legislative session was spent recognize people in the gallery, recognizing birthdays and anniversaries, and commemorating people who recently passed away.
We need a requirement that all recognition bills be held until all other business has been completed. If they want their buddies to have a moment in the spotlight, they'll have to get their act together.

Of course, the clerk also needs a mic at their desk, to eliminate the little delays of waiting for three words, then for someone else to take the podium.

Isimanica

Post by Isimanica »

Does any one know when they are going to try again to push this Much needed Campus carry bills? I currently have to deal with this bull and it is insane! Just two days ago a student got robbed at gun point in the parking lot on UH campus and it is by the grace of god, luck, fate or whatever you want to give credit to that he didn't end up dead.

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

Legislature meets every two years, so I would expect they will be reintroduced when they reconvene in just under two years. As unfortunate as these incidents such as the one at UH are, hopefully they will provide more ammo for getting these passed next time around. I work on a college campus as well and was really dissapointed when they failed.
NRA & TSRA Member
CHL Instructor

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”