Urgent Action Item: HB1301 Parking Lot Bill

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

barres
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Urgent Action Item: HB1301 Parking Lot Bill

Post by barres »

boomerang wrote:Like you say the lobbies got their money worth. School teachers and parents will be prohibited from carrying at K-12 schools even if the watered down campus carry passes to allow taxpayers with a CHL to carry at taxpaper funded universities. Still, it's about time we started slicing the antis' salami instead of the other way around.
Won't stop parents, because they are not obligated by an employee-employer relationship, and the premises weapons are prohibited already excludes parking lots. Yes, this stinks for teachers and workers at petro-chem (and similar) facilities.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TrueFlog »

Right2Carry wrote:How does this relate to defense contractors? I could see them claiming the manufacture, use, storage, or
transportation of hazardous, combustible, or explosive materials regulated under state or federal law
as a way to get around allowing employees to lock up thier firearms. Once again it appears that those of us who are responsible enough to build weapons for our government will be deemed not responsible enought to leave our weapons locked up in the parking lot.
I would think that most of the larger contractors would have a hard time establishing that their "primary business" is hazardous materials. There's a lot more to the defense industry than just explosives. There's guidance systems, surveillance equipment, intel sharing/dissemination, cryptography, stealth, radar... Likewise, I doubt that most of them are required to submit a plan under the Clean Air Act. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't try to claim exemption.

boomerang
Posts in topic: 2

Post by boomerang »

barres wrote:
boomerang wrote:Like you say the lobbies got their money worth. School teachers and parents will be prohibited from carrying at K-12 schools even if the watered down campus carry passes to allow taxpayers with a CHL to carry at taxpaper funded universities. Still, it's about time we started slicing the antis' salami instead of the other way around.
Won't stop parents, because they are not obligated by an employee-employer relationship, and the premises weapons are prohibited already excludes parking lots. Yes, this stinks for teachers and workers at petro-chem (and similar) facilities.
Sorry if it wasn't clear my K-12 comments were about the campus carry bill.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”