Campus-Carry Bills are dying!!!

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

boomerang
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Campus-Carry Bills are dying!!!

Post by boomerang »

scott_dfw wrote:I thought they all were paid a (meager) salary? Sounds like they should work all the long hours they can, until everything is settled. ;-)
They get a per diem in addition to salary so we the taxpayers pay more if they work more days. I also think their per diem is more than their salary.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Douva
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Douva »

boomerang wrote:
scott_dfw wrote:I thought they all were paid a (meager) salary? Sounds like they should work all the long hours they can, until everything is settled. ;-)
They get a per diem in addition to salary so we the taxpayers pay more if they work more days. I also think their per diem is more than their salary.
If I recall correctly, their salaries are definitely next-to-nothing. I'm pretty sure they make well-below minimum wage.

oldtexan

Post by oldtexan »

Deleted by oldtexan

tornado
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tornado »

Latest campus carry topic, started by Charles with an action item:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 92&t=24898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KD5NRH »

Douva wrote:If I recall correctly, their salaries are definitely next-to-nothing. I'm pretty sure they make well-below minimum wage.
They also get a 21-month vacation and a sick/personal leave policy that no real employer would consider.

jorge
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jorge »

There's always more applicants than openings so they must be paying enough.
Obamanomics: Trickle-Up Poverty

Douva
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Douva »

jorge wrote:There's always more applicants than openings so they must be paying enough.
I read in an article yesterday that members of the Texas House make $600 a month, which is about what I thought they made. The way I figure it, over a two-year period they make less than $14.50/hour for the time they spend in-session (assuming they work 10 hours/day, 100 days out of the 140-day session). And that doesn't factor in interim studies, special sessions, meeting with constituents, campaigning, etc.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm locking this thread because it's was about action items on the campus-carry bills. I don't mind if people want to discuss the salaries of our elected officials, just do that in another thread.

Thanks,
Chas.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”