TWO URGENT ACTION ITEMS: Parking lots & Campus-Carry

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Plato
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TWO URGENT ACTION ITEMS: Parking lots & Campus-Carry

Post by Plato »

I think our issues are dead here, and its time to start planning to help defeat the current leadership in the Texas Leg.

From now on, no Republican will get my vote who does not spend his "political capital" on my issues. To say you support an issue is not enough, you must show me you are working to see the issue come up for a vote. :mad5

shawn
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TWO URGENT ACTION ITEMS: Parking lots & Campus-Carry

Post by shawn »

Douva wrote:
austin-tatious wrote:
Douva wrote:I kept checking on the streaming video from the House and couldn't figure out why they were still on the Local and Consent calendar, which is usually knocked out in the first hour or so of each day.

Then I got a call from a friend who's down at the Capitol doing some lobbying. He told me what's going on. Here is the Associated Press report, for those of you who haven't heard.

Democrats use 'chubbing' stalling strategy
This is good to know, Douva :clapping: HOWEVER, do we really need it posted on 5 different threads? :grumble
Thanks.
Well, it's the factor that is going to kill the bill/bills discussed in all five threads, so I wanted to make sure nobody missed it. Perhaps we should do a little informal thread consolidation. It's tough trying to keep up with one topic being discussed in five different threads.
AMEN! :iagree:

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”