MOVING FROM GENERAL CALENDAR TO 'MAJOR' CALENDAR??

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MOVING FROM GENERAL CALENDAR TO 'MAJOR' CALENDAR??

Post by nitrogen »

I'm not so much worried about the fast and easy part, as the free part. It shouldn't cost you anything at all to vote. While $15 isnt much (the current cost of an ID here, iirc) its the principal of the thing that matters, at least to me.

But i'll reiterate; vote on it; don't pull this horse hockey.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

nitrogen wrote:But i'll reiterate; vote on it; don't pull this horse hockey.
Why should the calendar committee get to have all the fun? :banghead:
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

srothstein wrote:But the easy way for the Democrats to compromise and make the bill work is to add one clause to it. The bill already is written to accept mail addressed to the voter from a government agency as one of the alternative IDs. So, add a clause saying the voter registrar (whoever it is in each county) must mail each registered voter a letter notifying him of the election within 30 days before the absentee voting begins. This way, we insure that all registered voters can meet the requriements and we also ensure everyone is told about the election coming up. It might actually help get some turnout in lesser elections.
I don't know about other registrars' methods, but my registration card is mailed to me, so wouldn't that count by itself?

roberts
Banned

Post by roberts »

The way I see things, anybody in any of the calendar committees should lose their next election. The chubbies too.
THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS NOT ABOUT DUCK HUNTING

austin-tatious
Posts in topic: 2

Post by austin-tatious »

KD5NRH wrote:
srothstein wrote:But the easy way for the Democrats to compromise and make the bill work is to add one clause to it. The bill already is written to accept mail addressed to the voter from a government agency as one of the alternative IDs. So, add a clause saying the voter registrar (whoever it is in each county) must mail each registered voter a letter notifying him of the election within 30 days before the absentee voting begins. This way, we insure that all registered voters can meet the requriements and we also ensure everyone is told about the election coming up. It might actually help get some turnout in lesser elections.
I don't know about other registrars' methods, but my registration card is mailed to me, so wouldn't that count by itself?
Travis county only mails the registration card when you first register or change address. OTW I get a new one in the mail every so many years (feels like its 5 years or so between new cards).

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”