What would a Special Session mean to our bills?

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What would a Special Session mean to our bills?

Post by AEA »

Thanks Charles. :tiphat:
Also a big thanks to Alice@ :tiphat:

It just makes me so mad :mad5 that our system is such that all the schooled professionals learn use the same stall tactics to meet their agendas without regards for the desires of the people who put them in their position. :banghead:

In my opinion, the system is BROKE. Not only the Texas system, but the whole Country and it is only going to get worse! :roll:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Keith B wrote:
RedRaider wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:"Our bills" won't be part of a special session. The two primary bills (parking lots & campus-carry) are far too controversial and pit friends against friends to the Governor's detriment. Plus, having a bill in a special session allows for a lot more focused opposition and this typically makes it easier to kill a bill than to pass it. As much as I don't want to have to wait until 2011, that's reality.

Chas.
Charles, while we didn't get what we all wanted accomplished this session (parking lot bill and campus carry), I thank you for your hard work and time spent on these issues!!!!!! :tiphat:
+1 to you, Alice and the rest of the TSRA Legislative staff on their diligence on these issues. Had it not been for all of you guys, as well as the firearms supporters contacting their Legislators, we would have never gotten anywhere near the ground gained this session. :txflag:
:iagree: A lot of excellent ground work was laid and the soundness of the reasons for these bills has gotten lots of exposure. I've received a lot of inquiries on this topic in my work, and I have seen a number of thoughtful minds changed once they are given enough real information to understand the issues.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

dicion

Post by dicion »

Well at least we got One Pro-Chl Bill passed! this session :)

Douva
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Douva »

FYI, the latest and last (at least for now) version of the "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Handbook: Texas Edition" can be downloaded here:

http://www.StudentsForConcealedCarryOnCampus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (PDF version)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11922308/SCCC ... as-Edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Flash version)

I suggest that everyone save a copy of this and hang onto it in case I'm not available next session to help spread the word. There is a lot of good information in there (some of it will need to be updated in 2011), and I'd hate for it to be lost.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Douva - Without taking anything from Alice and Chas, a Texas-sized "Thank-you" too for all of the exceptional work and articulation. :clapping:
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Thanks guys; Alice and I appreciate the kind words. I'll pass this along to her.

Parking lots and campus-carry are both dead and beyond resurrection. However, although I can't say what yet, we have something in the works that will be good, if we can pull it off. I'm sorry to be so cryptic, but I want you folks to know we're working for you until the last opportunity.

Chas.
Well, it worked. HB2730, the DPS sunset bill, has finally passed with a number of CHL improvements. I'll post a list of the changes in a separate post. http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 92&t=25293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

frazzled

Post by frazzled »

Looks like good news bad news. The bad news is that the legislature didn't pass much. the good news is the legislature didn't pass much. :cryin :anamatedbanana

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Well, it worked. HB2730, the DPS sunset bill, has finally passed with a number of CHL improvements. I'll post a list of the changes in a separate post. http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 92&t=25293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.
Thanks for the update. That's quite a significant advancement.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”