Current status?

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AEA
Posts in topic: 6

Current status?

Post by AEA »

What is the current status of the Legislature? When will they be finished (completely) and when will we see a "Final Status" of all of our Pro-Gun (and Knife) bills?

Final Status meaning did it pass or not and if it passed when will it become law.

**(I have received my Kershaw Blur model 1670RD and wondering if/when I will be legally able to carry it)** :smilelol5:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Current status?

Post by DoubleJ »

I understand the Campus Carry Bill is dead, as it never made it out of committee, but I'm curious about the ParkingLot Bill, as it passed the Senate, as amended.

I understand a few of our regulars contributors are preeeeeeeeeetty busy, right about now, but a status update would be great.

TIA
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

BillC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BillC »

knife bill ( HB4456)is done - waiting on the gov

doesn't become law till Sept 1 2009

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... ill=HB4456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

Strange, cause I thought the Campus Carry passed the Senate. :???:

Yes, I see that it did and was sent to committee by the House.
Came out of the House committee on the 22nd favorably and is waiting to be voted on by the house:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... ill=SB1164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by AEA on Wed May 27, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1911's RULE!

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

BillC wrote:knife bill ( HB4456)is done - waiting on the gov

doesn't become law till Sept 1 2009

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... ill=HB4456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks BillC :tiphat: :woohoo
1911's RULE!

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

AEA wrote:What is the current status of the Legislature? When will they be finished (completely) and when will we see a "Final Status" of all of our Pro-Gun (and Knife) bills?
This coming Monday, June 1, is the last day of the regular session. The Gov has until June 21 to sign or veto the bills.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

From my understanding I believe that the gun bills are virtually dead, the Dem's basically killed lot's of bills by doing their version of a filibuster (chubbing) so there would not be time to consider the Voter ID bill, which obviously they do not want. This also killed many other bill's that would have/should have been voted on. At this point I believe it would take a miracle to bring these bills forward to get voted on before time runs out. I really hope that I am wrong and if so would gladly eat crow for the sake of this legislation......
:mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Salty1

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

If there is a school shooting next year, this group of Congressmen are going to have a lot to answer for.
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

74novaman wrote:If there is a school shooting next year, this group of Congressmen are going to have a lot to answer for.
Next TWO years....... :txflag:
1911's RULE!

Plato

Post by Plato »

I would hazard to guess that the failure to pass the Parking Lot bill puts even more folks in danger than the failure of Campus Carry. Obviously a Campus shooting gets press -but think of all the working folks forced to travel to and from work unarmed because of the idiot employers who clearly don't give a rats southern end about those employees. And now we see the Texas Leg. is full of the same idiots who are not beholden to the people but only the corp.donators...

dicion

Post by dicion »

HB2664 Passed the Senate. Goes to the guv.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 92&t=25203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jrosto

Post by jrosto »

As I understand it, since SB 730 and SB 1164 did not get a second reading on the House floor by midnight Tuesday, they are dead.

This was not all the Dem's fault. If certain Republican committee chairs had not held this legislation up in committee, this legislation would have been a done deal well before the Dems started "chubbing".
"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." Ronald Reagan

Plato

Post by Plato »

jrosto wrote:...This was not all the Dem's fault. If certain Republican committee chairs had not held this legislation up in committee, this legislation would have been a done deal well before the Dems started "chubbing".
I guess we need the names on a list along with their next opponent in the next election. If the opponent will run on our single issue then contibutions will be forthcoming :waiting:

TEX

Post by TEX »

In laymans terms, what does the knife bill do for us. It looks as though it keeps knives that can be opened by one hand or have slightly assisted opening (like Kersaws) from being declared switchblades. Am I right on this or am I missing something?

TEX
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

sss
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sss »

I believe this clears the "grey area" around assisted-open knives. I've been carrying one for years that works on a pivot, which is biased toward being closed but allows the knife to be opened with one hand. Not a switchblade or gravity in the traditional sense (or as defined by law) - but it could easily be considered illegal by a misinformed LEO/DA.
Carrying since 02/06/2009.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”