Texas House Speaker Joe Straus Takes a Swipe at Gun Bills

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas House Speaker Joe Straus Takes a Swipe at Gun Bills

Post by AEA »

boomerang wrote:
‘I wish we had four days instead of 140. I really am a pass-the-budget-and get-out-of-here guy,’ Straus said.
He's welcome to get a private sector job.
Yep, but I doubt that he could hold a private sector job, unless he was greasing somebody's palm! :smilelol5: Idiot is the term that comes to mind...... :banghead:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas House Speaker Joe Straus Takes a Swipe at Gun Bills

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I went with the "Wife-Unit" to watch her get her haircut/styled this morning and picked up the only thing I could read while I was there of Texas Monthly...

It was the April edition, and since I do know that it is a liberal leaning rag, I still like the restaurant, furniture and home ads in there...

This one had the lowdown on Joe Straus's accending to the Speaker's position, and the efforts by the ABC's (Anyone but Craddick) group...

Very interesting read, and may explain some of the things we saw this last session...And it does confirm a few things some of our members here (who are politically active) have said that this was probably our last chance for a while to get things done on apositive side for Texans gun rights in general...

In 2011, we may be forced to go on the defensive for the first time in an age... ;-) But we can do that...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”