BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! GUN BILLS NOT DEAD YET ! ! !

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

forever_frost
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! GUN BILLS NOT DEAD YET ! ! !

Post by forever_frost »

It'd be nice if these bills got passed during special session. If the Texas gun bill passed, I'd learn to make firearms as they wouldn't need to be registered.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Received this from the TSRA, called and faxed Struas's office and the Govenor just for additional contact regarding the importance of this bill, I doubt that we can get all of our bills included and from my perspective I believe that the Parking Lot bill is our best chance.

TSRA Members, Family, and Friends:

During the recently-adjourned session of the Texas Legislature, the Texas House failed to vote on any significant piece of pro-Second Amendment legislation -- including the TSRA-backed bill that would allow hard-working Texans to transport and store lawfully-owned firearms in their private vehicles while parked at work. The bill would have prohibited enforcement of corporate "No Firearms" policies that extend beyond the physical workplace to include employee parking lots; these policies effectively prohibit workers from protecting themselves during their commute, as they have no way of storing the guns in their cars and trucks once they park at work without risking being fired.

This important legislation passed the Senate unanimously, with over two months left in session. However, House leaders failed to set the bill for House floor action in a timely manner, and the bill died on the House Calendar without even a vote.

The Governor will call a special session of the Legislature in the coming weeks to address state agency re-authorization bills that also failed to pass during the regular session. While the Governor has ultimate control over what is considered during any special session, it's unlikely that any issue will be placed on the agenda which doesn't have the support of both Senate and House leaders. We already know where the Governor and Senate leaders stand on this issue.

That's why its critical that you contact House Speaker Joe Straus at (512) 463-1000 and ask him where he stands on this issue: with corporate honchos, or with hard-working Texas gun owners and sportsmen who are prohibited from protecting themselves during their commutes to and from work every day?

Let Speaker Joe Straus (R-San Antonio) know that you are disappointed that House leaders did not set the employee/parking lot issue for House floor action in a timely manner, so that House members could vote on it while there was still time in the regular session. And urge him to work with Governor Perry to get the bill on the call for the upcoming special session.

You may also send an email to Speaker Straus by visiting his website.

Texas Speaker of the House Joe Straus (R-San Antonio) is the key element to getting this job done!

Please call and email and share the information with friends and family.

The time to act is NOW!

Thank You!
Salty1

AEA
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AEA »

Exactly when is this Special Session going to be called by the Governor?
Keep hearing about it but no action........similar to the progress of the last regular session........ :lol: "rlol"
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

There's another thread going on in the Political Issues forum about this very subject. Call to action everyone. Please make those phone calls.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”