Parking Lot Bill Assigned as Subject of Interest

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Salty1
Posts in topic: 2

Parking Lot Bill Assigned as Subject of Interest

Post by Salty1 »

I receive the below e-mail alert, does this mean that this bill may make it into the Special Session? Hope somebody here on the forum knows what this means for us. Any Ideas?

Texas Legislature Online
Subject Alert
The following bills were assigned subjects of interest:

Subject: Weapons
HB 12
Relating to an employee's transportation and storage of certain firearms or ammunition while on certain property owned or controlled by the employee's employer.
Salty1

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Parking Lot Bill Assigned as Subject of Interest

Post by wheelgun1958 »

We can only hope. That and call our congress critters.

:cheers2:

Topic author
Salty1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Salty1 »

Another alert on the same topic from the Senate, it looks to me like this may be considered in the Special Session.....

The following bills were assigned subjects of interest:

Subject: Weapons
SB 13
Relating to an employee's transportation and storage of certain firearms or ammunition while on certain property owned or controlled by the employee's employer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TLO website:http://www.legis.state.tx.us
To change alert criteria, go to: Alert Criteria.
Salty1

JCole

Post by JCole »

Well, they're both bills filed within the last couple of days, the HB has been sent to Public Safety Committee, and the SB was just filed yesterday. I honestly don't have any idea if they have any chance of being voted on. I'll be interested to watch this one!

CWOOD

Post by CWOOD »

The bills introduced in the House (HB 12) and the Senate (SB13) are NOT the same. The Senate version has a subsection (h) which states that the bill does not apply to schools, charter schools and private schools (below college level I believe). The House version does not have this exception.

You can go the the link below and see both bills listed. Click on the active links for HB 12 and SB 13 to read the text of each.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Search/Tex ... =&Exclude=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I won't get my hopes up too high just yet. If you follow the link 'Show other documents like this' you will see dozens of others bills listed. Some included in the Governor's "call" for the special session...most not.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Strike while the iron is hot folks!!!

Call the governors office and make your case...BTW, keeping the heat on your state reps and senators helps out as well...

The call for the TxDOT issue is for 30 days...If they wrap this up, there is no reason to not compel the governor to include these Pro-CHL bills and the Voter ID bill...

Burn up those phone lines!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”