Legislator Accountability

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texgun
Posts in topic: 1

Legislator Accountability

Post by Texgun »

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered. Has there been a scorecard prepared for how all our legislators voted in committee and on the floor for bills of interest to this community? My recollection is that my state senator Steve Ogden, a normally reliable pro-gun person, voted contrary to our interest on the campus carry bill. I am terribly disappointed that the "conservative republican" leadership votes contrary to our interest and the proclaimed objectives identified in the party platform. I wish to be confident in my facts when I discuss this issue.

PROMOTING INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM AND PERSONAL SAFETY
INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM
Right To Keep and Bear Arms – We urge the Legislature and Congress to repeal all laws that infringe on the right to bear arms, and to reject any
monitoring of gun ownership, and all excessive taxation or regulation of guns and ammunition. We support a ten-year minimum mandatory sentence
without parole for felonies committed with firearms. Stiff penalties should be enacted for frivolous lawsuits against legitimate firearms manufacturers.
All gun owners are responsible for safely storing and operating firearms. We believe the Legislature should enact legislation: allowing: Concealed
Handgun License holders to carry concealed weapons on publicly owned institutions of learning; and, preventing employers from prohibiting
Concealed Handgun License holders from storing their concealed handgun in their vehicle while on a company parking area, and removing civil
liability from property owners who do not prevent Concealed Handgun License holders from carrying on their premises. We believe that FFL holders
should be free from harassment, and license revocations and denials against firearm dealers based on violations consisting of largely
inconsequential recordkeeping errors and encourages the ATF to consider lesser gradation of sanctions for such errors.
Texgun
College Station, TX

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”