Employer Parking Lot Bill in 2010

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Medic218
Posts in topic: 1

Employer Parking Lot Bill in 2010

Post by Medic218 »

I know it never got brought up in the 09 sessions but I was wondering if anyone had any new information on this bill possibly being brought back up in a 2010 session and actually getting to the point to where it has a fighting chance of being passed. Also, what I can do as a civilian to better the odds of this common sence bill being passed.
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

C-dub

Re: Employer Parking Lot Bill in 2010

Post by C-dub »

Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you nor anyone else can do to get this done in 2010. I apologize for the sarcasm there, but I just couldn't resist.

The Texas senate only meets every two years. Bummer.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

karl

Post by karl »

Although Perry could call a special session, but that's unlikely.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

I look for both the parking lot bill AND campus carry bill to be introduced VERY early in the 2011 session. To much work had gone into both those bills for them to go away forever, just because of the last minute chubbing that went on to let them die before coming to a vote, as both were on the calendars.

I have no inside knowledge....only a strong feeling. :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Marty Graw

Post by Marty Graw »

Remember we have a chance to send some chubbies home this year. Early voting starts next week.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Marty Graw wrote:Remember we have a chance to send some chubbies home this year. Early voting starts next week.
Good point! I wonder if there is a list anywhere naming the chubbies? I sure don't want to vote for one!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

joe817 wrote:
Marty Graw wrote:Remember we have a chance to send some chubbies home this year. Early voting starts next week.
Good point! I wonder if there is a list anywhere naming the chubbies? I sure don't want to vote for one!
Off the top of my head, Steve Ogden voted against Concealed Carry on Campus.

His ads this year are REALLY getting on my nerves. He talks about how this is our home, and it is worth protecting and defending. I sent him a nice little note about it.
A general note to the Steve Ogden Campaign:

Your political ads refer to the fact that "This is our home. It is worth protecting and defending." this statement is disingenuous and quite frankly laughable coming from Mr. Ogden.

As a Former Student at Texas A&M and member of the Corps of Cadets for 4 years, I spent my entire college career living on the campus of Texas A&M. Yet Mr. Ogden's vote against allowing concealed carry on campus disarmed me. Apparently, I am not allowed to protect or defend MY home, simply because my home was a college campus. Responsible citizens such as myself who have undergone a background check, taken a state mandated class and proven my competency to shoot a handgun should not be forced to disarm simply to attain a college degree.

Mr. Ogden has lost my vote for reelection due to his position on MY right to defend MY home. As well, I have contributed money to Mr. Bius's campaign, and am letting everyone know if they value their 2nd amendment rights NOT to vote to reelect Mr. Ogden.

Respectfully,

74novaman(I used my real name in the note)
TANSTAAFL

jcarouth

Post by jcarouth »

Thanks for reminding me, 74novaman. I just fired off a similar note to the campaign manager. What a joke of an ad he has.
05/17/2009: CHL Course Completed
05/19/2009: Application Mailed (Certified and RRR)
05/26/2009: Application Received by DPS (One week to travel 105 miles? :grumble )
06/01/2009: Check cashed by DPS
11/17/2009: Plastic Received

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

jcarouth wrote:Thanks for reminding me, 74novaman. I just fired off a similar note to the campaign manager. What a joke of an ad he has.
My pleasure....I should sent him my dental bills...I grind my teeth everytime that ad comes on. "rlol"
TANSTAAFL

jcarouth

Post by jcarouth »

I actually had a nice email conversation with a member of Senator Ogden's campaign. From the conversation I gather that his opposition to the bill that was presented is solely based on removing the current "opt-in" feature of the legislation. Basically the clause as written allows a public institution to create its own policy explicitly allowing concealed carry. While the Senator and I will have to disagree on this issue.

Removing a school from the prohibited list would require them to then opt out of allowing concealed carry (via PC 30.06 I assume). I'd be interested to see what happens if that were the case.
05/17/2009: CHL Course Completed
05/19/2009: Application Mailed (Certified and RRR)
05/26/2009: Application Received by DPS (One week to travel 105 miles? :grumble )
06/01/2009: Check cashed by DPS
11/17/2009: Plastic Received

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

Brian McCall's not even running for re-election this year, so that's a big win for us. He wasn't a chubber, but he was still a roadblock.

Douva

Post by Douva »

Keep in mind that (unless I'm mistaken) state legislators can prefile bills as early as this coming November. So, even though the real push won't come for almost a year, it's never too early to write to your legislators and, in contested districts, TO THE CANDIDATES RUNNING AGAINST THEM.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”