Posts in topic: 2

AN OPEN LETTER TO TEXAS HOUSE SPEAKER JOE STRAUS

Post by KC5AV »

NRA lifetime member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AN OPEN LETTER TO TEXAS HOUSE SPEAKER JOE STRAUS

Post by Excaliber »

KC5AV wrote:AN OPEN LETTER TO TEXAS HOUSE SPEAKER JOE STRAUS FROM CONSERVATIVE STATE REPRESENTATIVE LEO BERMAN
Things might get a little bit interesting in Austin next year.
One can hope.

I'd call this letter a good start.

It's good to see items like oaths of office and integrity entering the discussion again. It's been a long time.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

One of the "RINOs" he mentions is my representative - Vicki Truitt. That is the first time I've ever heard her referred to that way. Truitt generally has a pretty good record as a conservative. Personally, I would like to see the who, what, when, where, and why of the charges he makes, because he's slandering my representative, whom I think is doing a great job. Bomb throwing may be a lot of fun, but it hardly qualifies one for statesmanship. He may be a good representative for his district, but he also sounds intemperate to me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

I have a call into my Rep. Larry Phillips to get his views and opinions on Leo's letter and the Speaker. :txflag:
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

TAM, Truitt is my rep also, and I think she's great, though not perfect.
She is a CHL holder, and she champions property rights, fair property taxes and other issues important to me.
My only complaint was a year or so ago when an important vote was called and she was AWOL.

She's no RINO, but she's no Medina either. I was disappointed to see Strauss list her endorsement. I was hoping it was a dated comment that was quoted.

I have written Truitt strongly suggesting she not support Strauss.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

What Rep. Berman said about Strauss is absolutely correct, as was his comment about the group of Republicans who collaborated with Democrats to get then one-term Strauss elected Speaker. Anyone who wrote about Strauss' tenure as Speaker in remotely positive terms cannot possibly mean what they say, unless they are a Democrat. The only motive I can see is a desire to get a committee chairmanship, but at a terrible price for Texans.

Chas.

Topic author
KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

It looks like Ken Paxton is going to run for Speaker. He's District 70 - McKinney, Frisco area.

Link
NRA lifetime member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I just emailed my representative Kelly Hancock. I politely told him that in no uncertain terms that voters will hold Republicans accountable if they do not aggressively champion limited government. We voters spoke loud and clear last week, and we need a leader who will not compromise . Joe Straus is not the man for the job.

Ron
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”