Banks getting in on the action

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


strogg
Senior Member
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby strogg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am

TxRVer wrote:I'm going to keep my credit card account open, but not use it. They'll have to maintain the account with no income from it.


I'm doing the exact same thing. I've had the credit card open for a while with a decent credit line, so closing it will considerably impact my credit score. May as well have them deal with an open account with no income while helping my credit score. Win-Win.

User avatar

tomneal
Senior Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby tomneal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Hummm...

Over the past year, I've read several articles saying we should move away from cash. 'cause criminals use cash.

India just got rid of big bills.
The 500 Euro is under attack.
The $100 US bill is under attack.

Stores / retail businesses are converting to Credit / Debit card only. No cash and no checks.

The $10,000 limit on depositing cash without IRS reporting is changing for the worse. The limit was $10,000 when mom worked at the bank in the 1960's. Now, "The Fed's" will "get you" if you make several smaller deposits (or withdrawals). Rush Limbaugh was nearly charged for withdrawals. Dennis Haster was convicted of too many withdrawals. Several family owned business have been prosecuted.
Today, $10,000 cash doesn't have the buying power it had in the 1960's (or whenever the limit was set).

A few years ago, the Feds cracked down on Payday Loan business. I think they used the same regulation on Mcmillan stocks.

In states that have 'legalized' marijuana, the businesses can't use banking services.

There seem to be a lot of forces pushing everyone (world wide) away from cash and into banking.
In the US, Banks and Regulators are beginning to abuse their authority.

Just among friends:
How do you buy guns or ammo if all transactions must be done with a credit card and banks won't accept them from 'evil' gun business?
What do you do if your current occupation gets classified as 'evil'?
What do you do if you get reclassified as 'evil'?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom Neal

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Grundy1133 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:21 pm

tomneal wrote:Hummm...

Over the past year, I've read several articles saying we should move away from cash. 'cause criminals use cash.

India just got rid of big bills.
The 500 Euro is under attack.
The $100 US bill is under attack.

Stores / retail businesses are converting to Credit / Debit card only. No cash and no checks.

The $10,000 limit on depositing cash without IRS reporting is changing for the worse. The limit was $10,000 when mom worked at the bank in the 1960's. Now, "The Fed's" will "get you" if you make several smaller deposits (or withdrawals). Rush Limbaugh was nearly charged for withdrawals. Dennis Haster was convicted of too many withdrawals. Several family owned business have been prosecuted.
Today, $10,000 cash doesn't have the buying power it had in the 1960's (or whenever the limit was set).

A few years ago, the Feds cracked down on Payday Loan business. I think they used the same regulation on Mcmillan stocks.

In states that have 'legalized' marijuana, the businesses can't use banking services.

There seem to be a lot of forces pushing everyone (world wide) away from cash and into banking.
In the US, Banks and Regulators are beginning to abuse their authority.

Just among friends:
How do you buy guns or ammo if all transactions must be done with a credit card and banks won't accept them from 'evil' gun business?
What do you do if your current occupation gets classified as 'evil'?
What do you do if you get reclassified as 'evil'?

Hmm.... reminds me of revelation. a lot of things happening are mentioned in revelation. one world govt one world religion a cashless society... these are a few of the things that big govts are striving for that are mentioned. it kinda makes you wonder...
NRA Member


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:30 pm

tomneal wrote:Just among friends:
How do you buy guns or ammo if all transactions must be done with a credit card and banks won't accept them from 'evil' gun business?
What do you do if your current occupation gets classified as 'evil'?
What do you do if you get reclassified as 'evil'?


Here is an even scarier question. How would you buy anything (product or service) that the unelected banking elites do not want you to have? With no cash, even media outlets could be bankrupted by cutting off the ability of advertisers or subscribers to pay them. Big money elites will no longer need to get involved in things as mundane as buying candidates. They can just take control directly.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Grundy1133 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
tomneal wrote:Just among friends:
How do you buy guns or ammo if all transactions must be done with a credit card and banks won't accept them from 'evil' gun business?
What do you do if your current occupation gets classified as 'evil'?
What do you do if you get reclassified as 'evil'?


Here is an even scarier question. How would you buy anything (product or service) that the unelected banking elites do not want you to have? With no cash, even media outlets could be bankrupted by cutting off the ability of advertisers or subscribers to pay them. Big money elites will no longer need to get involved in things as mundane as buying candidates. They can just take control directly.

#BlackMarket :mrgreen:
NRA Member


strogg
Senior Member
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby strogg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Grundy1133 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
tomneal wrote:Just among friends:
How do you buy guns or ammo if all transactions must be done with a credit card and banks won't accept them from 'evil' gun business?
What do you do if your current occupation gets classified as 'evil'?
What do you do if you get reclassified as 'evil'?


Here is an even scarier question. How would you buy anything (product or service) that the unelected banking elites do not want you to have? With no cash, even media outlets could be bankrupted by cutting off the ability of advertisers or subscribers to pay them. Big money elites will no longer need to get involved in things as mundane as buying candidates. They can just take control directly.

#BlackMarket :mrgreen:


Maybe it's time to start investing in Bitcoin

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Grundy1133 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:36 pm

strogg wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
tomneal wrote:Just among friends:
How do you buy guns or ammo if all transactions must be done with a credit card and banks won't accept them from 'evil' gun business?
What do you do if your current occupation gets classified as 'evil'?
What do you do if you get reclassified as 'evil'?


Here is an even scarier question. How would you buy anything (product or service) that the unelected banking elites do not want you to have? With no cash, even media outlets could be bankrupted by cutting off the ability of advertisers or subscribers to pay them. Big money elites will no longer need to get involved in things as mundane as buying candidates. They can just take control directly.

#BlackMarket :mrgreen:


Maybe it's time to start investing in Bitcoin

I have about $150 in Ethereum and about $50 in Bitcoin. im waiting for the market to bubble again.
NRA Member

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts: 5663
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Liberty » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 pm

strogg wrote:
Maybe it's time to start investing in Bitcoin


Oh No, You didn't!!!! :shock:
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

Take Down Sicko
Senior Member
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm
Location: Houston Tx
Contact:

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Take Down Sicko » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Cashless society is not a good thing. It ushers in the mark of the beast.

User avatar

tomneal
Senior Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby tomneal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm

#BlackMarket :mrgreen:


How would a BlackMarket work when no regular business can take cash? Paper money could end up with zero value.


Barter?
Maybe...
With Pre 1964 silver coins,
or
John Wick one ounce gold coins.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom Neal

User avatar

tomneal
Senior Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby tomneal » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:50 am

Another writer from 4/16 also notices that Gun-Control folks could take advantage.

http://theweek.com/articles/766888/should-america-cashfree
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom Neal

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby AndyC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 am

As practical matter, your electronic money of 1s and 0s could be turned to 0 at a malicious government's behest.
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 3313
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby bblhd672 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:48 am

strogg wrote:Maybe it's time to start investing in Bitcoin


No, but yes to gold, silver and barter items. There are hundreds of things people are going to need to trade for. If the ability to pay “legally” is restricted to electronic transactions, government will have control of how you spend your bitcoins too. Not today, but they will want total control of what you have.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
Si vis pacem, para bellum


Ruark
Senior Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Ruark » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

Wow. It's hard to believe we might get to a point where you couldn't have some cash under the mattress - when there's really no such thing as "money" any more, it's just bits and bytes stored on a computer chip somewhere.
-Ruark


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Ruark wrote:Wow. It's hard to believe we might get to a point where you couldn't have some cash under the mattress - when there's really no such thing as "money" any more, it's just bits and bytes stored on a computer chip somewhere.


There really hasn't been "money" for quite a while. Just pieces of paper (actually cotton) with some writing and a signature. Pieces of paper versus bits and bytes? Not much difference there.

As far as barter, the key would be bringing it back to something that holds intrinsic value, yet can be subdivided into very small value things, too facilitate precise pricing and lower value transactions. Ammo comes to mind. A centerfire rifle cartridge in say 30.06 would have a higher value than a generic .22 LR round. A collection of ammo could serve as a useful medium of exchange, IMHO. Or we could go old school and use nails.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mloamiller, Nicolai, NightTrainHD, Pawpaw, PitBoss, SQLGeek and 7 guests