Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:57 pmlink
If the article at this link is correct, Grosskreutz just completely blew the prosecutions case. Not only did he admit his hand held a gun, but he testified that he was headed over to try to "protect" Rittenhouse because Huber was attacking him. Grosskreutz said he was afraid Rittenhouse was going to be badly beat up and injured. He justified self-defense against two of the three attackers.

He also just convinced any fence sitters that the ACLU should be abolished. He was at the protests working for them. The ACLU is a lot like the FBI to me. A long time ago, I thought they were in general doing a decent and important job and were just getting it wrong in a few rare cases. Then I became more irritated at their refusal to recognize all rights of everyone and they were taking a much more liberal political slant. Now I am convinced they have gone completely corrupt and need to be abolished. We need someone to do that job of making sure the government does not infringe on people's rights, but it must be done evenly and fighting for all rights.

Of course, there is Grosskreutz's credibility problem. I have trouble believing any thing he says.
Steve Rothstein

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

I watched the trial today and the prosecution had a very bad day. Not only did the guy that attacked Rittenhouse admit that he advanced and pointed his gun at Rittenhouse and only then did Rittenhouse fire, but I also thought the detective looked bad. When he wouldn't admit the guy was chasing Rittenhouse, when the video clearly shows he was, is mind boggling. He also stated that the DA told them not to serve the search warrant on the phone due to concerns of Marsy's Law. The video evidence from day one clearly shows Rittenhouse was attacked and he was the victim. That this guy was not charged for attempted murder gives credence to the belief that this is a political prosecution.

Oh, and yes, the media are colluding on trying to set the narrative.

Ron
NRA Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Oh, forgot to add that the detective agreed with the defense that Rittenhouse only shot people who were active attacking him. See bottom tweet of Julio Rosas.

Second linked tweet below is a enhanced videos synced with drone footage of first incident. Awesome work by @bevo_fox

Ron
NRA Member

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AF-Odin »

Do not know where the local radio station obtained their report, but they were asserting during the 6AM news that Rittenhouse instigated a mass shooting attempt in Kenosha and that Grosskreuz was a volunteer medic trying to save lives and was attempting to stop Rittenhouse who was randomly shooting into the crowd. Seems they have been pulling reports from some dystopian source, because none of that is what I have seen on any other feeds.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

RottenApple wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:45 pm
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:53 pmPardon my ignorance but does nothing become of him regarding the straw purchase on the AR? I know in the bigger picture, he gets acquitted of some bigger charges but I don't think he's getting off scot-free.
Why would there be? KR did **NOT** "straw purchase" a firearm; The person who completed the sale did. But did he really? A straw purchase occurs when one person buys a gun for someone else who is either prohibited by law from possessing a gun or who does not want his or her name associated with the transaction.

So who is a prohibited person?

This group includes anyone who:
  • is a felon
  • has been convicted of any crime punishable by more than a year in prison (whether or not they were ever sentenced to or served a day in prison)
  • is under indictment for any crime punishable by more than a year in prison
  • is a fugitive
  • is an unlawful user of any controlled substance
  • has been adjudicated as a mental defective
  • has been committed to a mental institution
  • is an illegal alien
  • has a dishonorable discharge from the military
  • has renounced their U.S. citizenship
  • is the subject of a restraining order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or the child of an intimate partner, or
  • who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
The US military routinely takes 17 year olds and provides them with firearms. So just being 17 years old, at least under federal law, does not seem to make one a prohibited person.
So if he was not a prohibitive person, why didn't he just buy it himself? Should there not be repercussions for people who get others to buy a firearm for them? So if a husband, who is a felon, gets his wife to purchase a gun because he cannot legally do so, should face no legal repercussions but his wife will go to jail. Doesn't seem right IMO but I am not clear on the law either. Going back to KR, it is my understanding that being under the age of 18, he would not be able to purchase the rifle himself or carry it openly. The US Military excuse does not fly as he is a civilian IMO.

I also wanted to share the following from Massad Ayoob.
https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/Mas ... ouse-case/

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:07 am Do not know where the local radio station obtained their report, but they were asserting during the 6AM news that Rittenhouse instigated a mass shooting attempt in Kenosha and that Grosskreuz was a volunteer medic trying to save lives and was attempting to stop Rittenhouse who was randomly shooting into the crowd. Seems they have been pulling reports from some dystopian source, because none of that is what I have seen on any other feeds.
I hope that Kyle gets exonerated, and if he does, he sues ALL those mass news media orgs who have slandered and libeled him; they deserve to go bankrupt trying to pay settlements.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:42 am
AF-Odin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:07 am Do not know where the local radio station obtained their report, but they were asserting during the 6AM news that Rittenhouse instigated a mass shooting attempt in Kenosha and that Grosskreuz was a volunteer medic trying to save lives and was attempting to stop Rittenhouse who was randomly shooting into the crowd. Seems they have been pulling reports from some dystopian source, because none of that is what I have seen on any other feeds.
I hope that Kyle gets exonerated, and if he does, he sues ALL those mass news media orgs who have slandered and libeled him; they deserve to go bankrupt trying to pay settlements.
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Attempts to dox the jury if they acquit: Nephew of George Floyd's calls for doxing (in now deleted post - but the internet is forever) and someone this morning was filming the jurors when picked up this morning.

Ron
NRA Member

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dave2 »

I may be misunderstanding things, but watching the trial live just now it really seems like the prosecutor is making his job harder.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 6

Post by FastCarry »

Im just getting to finishing todays recording of the trial. I dont recall the photographers name but man, he handled the states cross examination pretty well despite the state really trying to get him to falter.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Prosecution Rests in Rittenhouse Murder Trial; Curfew Violation Dropped

One charge down... lets hope the defense gets Kyle home ASAP.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Defense is calling Kyle Rittenhouse to testify. Judge removes jury and tells him of risks and his right to testify or not testify and that DA will get to cross examine him.
Ron
NRA Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Kyle's testimony:

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 10

Post by AndyC1911 »

I'm loving this judge - he left the prosecutor literally red-faced after spanking him.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”