His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 91

Re: His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

74novaman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 74novaman »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Image
I freaking love it!!!! :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
TANSTAAFL

The Annoyed Man

And again, more about Obama's foreign policy impotence:
Russia rejects Obama’s threat to Assad
Syria says preparing to finalize oil deal with Russia

Follow the money. Now we know why Pootie-Poot has been backing Bashar Assad.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 77

Post by RoyGBiv »

Here's why I agree with TAM, Obama will get crushed in November...

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... 21poll.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --- Top of page 2
You don't get re-elected when 60+% of voters think we're headed in the wrong direction.

Click to view in readable size... :mrgreen:
Wrong Track.jpg
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

RoyGBiv wrote: You don't get re-elected when 60+% of voters think we're headed in the wrong direction.
Well, not without some substantial help from voter fraud and ballot stuffing anyway.
TANSTAAFL

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

In case you missed the Ryan interview with Hannity yesterday.

Skip to 0:45 to skip the intro. blather.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

So I had some time waiting for the phone to ring today and managed to send this to the Romney campaign via their web site. We'll see if it gets anything more than a form response (and a few hundred more solicitations for money). But I feel better having gotten it off my chest.
Dear Mr Romney,
I have two suggestions for your campaign and I'll get right to them...

1. When Obama said "you didn't build that", I believe you're failing to make an important point as part of your response...... My ancestors paid taxes, served in the military, built roads and bridges with their hands, picks and shovels, campaigned and voted for representatives and helped shape their communities, states and this country with their political views and by working together with others in their community. I am not so ignorant or self centered enough to believe that everything I have accomplished I accomplished alone, of course not. But I am ENTITLED, by virtue of those taxes, blood, sweat and the forbearance of my ancestors to claim that "I most certainly DID build those roads, those bridges, that government." America is a country Of, By and For The People. Government creates nothing that is not the will of The People. Mr. Obama is an idiot.

2. Here's a possible approach to breaking the class warfare argument that Mr. Obama is currently winning.... Move to the center. Mr. Obama would have me believe that your campaign is about giving tax beaks to the rich, on the backs of the less rich. It's a powerful lie and it's repeated so often it has legs.

EVERY person I speak with that calls themselves "middle class" and supports Obama has responded positively to the following suggestion. Do away with every tax break and every deduction and let everyone pay the same amount in taxes as a percentage of their income (with the only deduction remaining for charitable contributions). The "Middle Class" isn't mad that they're not rich. They're mad because rich people and "connected people" get special treatment. They get free golf carts using an electric vehicle tax credit. They get bailed out (banks), they get government loans and fat paychecks for running companies into bankruptcy, they get to pay less taxes on investment income than on salaries (ala Warren Buffet), you get the picture. The Middle Class (everyone.!) is EQUALLY angry with both sides of the aisle, but you've allowed Mr Obama to be the one to define "Fair" for too long.

Middle Class voters, enough of them to make a difference come election day, will be won over by a plan to do away with deductions that go to "rich people only". Sure, Mr Ryan has talked about broadening the base and lowering rates, but, most folks don't understand what that means. If you truly intend to pursue "broadening the base" policies (and Mr. Romney, I don't believe yet that you do intend to pursue this policy, I believe it's Mr. Ryans’ preferred plan, and you're NOT on board), then you need to sell it as passionately as you are currently selling Medicare reform. The middle class can see through the "it's fair to soak the rich" garbage. But they don't currently see anyone with a plan to make things truly "fair". I'd love to see a flat tax, or even a fair tax, but I'm not holding my breath to hear such a suggestion from Mr. Romneys' lips. But redefining "fair" taxation and making clear suggestions about removing all the deductions that only "rich people" can take advantage of will go a long way to getting "middle class" voters to see you as their ally. For the moment, all they have to listen to is Mr Obama's definition of "Fair".

Good luck. I'll be voting and praying for you both, for the sake of all of our futures.

The Annoyed Man

RoyGBiv wrote:In case you missed the Ryan interview with Hannity yesterday.

Skip to 0:45 to skip the intro. blather.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snuck off through the woods! "rlol" :smilelol5:

Yeah, Hannity normally makes me a little crazy. It's not that I don't necessarily agree with him, but his style kind of puts me off. But this was a pretty good interview simply because it gives a chance to hear Ryan talk, just in very general terms, about the campaign, about the stark differences in vision for the country between Obama and Romney, about how Romney "proposed," etc. I enjoyed it. Thanks.

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

According to Fandango, the movie the website, "2016: The Movie" is the top grossing movie in Fandango theaters right now. ANOTHER good sign!

#TINVOWOOT

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

The Annoyed Man wrote:According to Fandango, the movie the website, "2016: The Movie" is the top grossing movie in Fandango theaters right now. ANOTHER good sign!
Interesting. It opens up near here on Friday. I may have to go check it out. Anyone seen it yet? Worth a trip to the theater?
TANSTAAFL

emcee rib
Posts in topic: 2

Post by emcee rib »

RoyGBiv wrote:2. Here's a possible approach to breaking the class warfare argument that Mr. Obama is currently winning.... Move to the center.
I was confused for a minute until I realized this would move Romney to the right and closer to Ryan. Brilliant!
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

emcee rib wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:2. Here's a possible approach to breaking the class warfare argument that Mr. Obama is currently winning.... Move to the center.
I was confused for a minute until I realized this would move Romney to the right and closer to Ryan. Brilliant!
I will never admit that thought ran through my head when I wrote it... Never... "rlol"

The Annoyed Man

Analysis of election factors points to Romney win, University of Colorado study says
http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2 ... study-says
August 22, 2012 • Social Sciences • Discovery & Innovation, Discoveries & Achievements, Research Collaborations
A University of Colorado analysis of state-by-state factors leading to the Electoral College selection of every U.S. president since 1980 forecasts that the 2012 winner will be Mitt Romney.

The key is the economy, say political science professors Kenneth Bickers of CU-Boulder and Michael Berry of CU Denver. Their prediction model stresses economic data from the 50 states and the District of Columbia, including both state and national unemployment figures as well as changes in real per capita income, among other factors.

“Based on our forecasting model, it becomes clear that the president is in electoral trouble,” said Bickers, also director of the CU in DC Internship Program.

{snip.......}

In 2012, “What is striking about our state-level economic indicator forecast is the expectation that Obama will lose almost all of the states currently considered as swing states, including North Carolina, Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida,” Bickers said.
The analysis method used has correctly predicted the winner in every presidential election since 1980. Like I said, I like our odds real well.

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Republicans eye return to gold standard
By Robin Harding and Anna Fifield in Washington
Financial Times
The gold standard has returned to mainstream US politics for the first time in 30 years, with a “gold commission” set to become part of official Republican party policy.

Drafts of the party platform, which it will adopt at a convention in Tampa Bay, Florida, next week, call for an audit of Federal Reserve monetary policy and a commission to look at restoring the link between the dollar and gold.

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 16

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Republicans eye return to gold standard
By Robin Harding and Anna Fifield in Washington
Financial Times
The gold standard has returned to mainstream US politics for the first time in 30 years, with a “gold commission” set to become part of official Republican party policy.

Drafts of the party platform, which it will adopt at a convention in Tampa Bay, Florida, next week, call for an audit of Federal Reserve monetary policy and a commission to look at restoring the link between the dollar and gold.
Soooo, does this mean we finally get to find out what's in (or what ISN'T in) Fort Knox? :bigear:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”