Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Official

Post by MasterOfNone »

grumble wrote:
punkndisorderly wrote:And what makes retired police special?
Retired police officers are at a greater risk of violence. All those BG's that get sent upriver have a long time to stew over those that they believe put them there (in reality, they put themselves their by their own accord).
But the elitist politicians continue to make the argument that these firearms are not needed for personal defense. Therefore, this argument would not apply.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gringo pistolero »

MasterOfNone wrote:
grumble wrote:
Retired police officers are at a greater risk of violence. All those BG's that get sent upriver have a long time to stew over those that they believe put them there (in reality, they put themselves their by their own accord).
But the elitist politicians continue to make the argument that these firearms are not needed for personal defense. Therefore, this argument would not apply.
We have a winner!
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

grumble
Posts in topic: 4

Post by grumble »

mr surveyor wrote:
grumble wrote:

so????
I didn't say I agreed with it. A question was asked and I provided an answer. The proper assumption (if this wasn't liberal legislation) would be that we'd all be subject to the same rules. :tiphat: I also believe that the "exceptions" should mean denial to those unfit (felons, etc.) and the masses "shall not be infringed."
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

punkndisorderly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by punkndisorderly »

So "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" are tools of war that have no purpose other than to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible unless you're a police officer or used to be a police officer?

I thought if we passed laws like this, the criminals would no longer be able to get guns?
Texas CHL Instructor

punkndisorderly

Post by punkndisorderly »

The part of the bill I love the best: banning semi-auto, belt fed weapons. The mention the M2 by name.

Probably the only firearm to never be used in a crime. I tell you one thing, I wouldn't mess with the robber strong enough to tote one of those into the local shop-n-rob. That puppy is like 6' long and weighs over 100 pounds if I remember correctly. We weren't even allowed to lift one without two people.
Texas CHL Instructor

warhorse10_9

Post by warhorse10_9 »

Beiruty wrote:To enforce private sale vial FFL, you need to have reregistration. Otherwise, how do you know who own what at the time when the ban goes into force?
I agree. Registration is not a requirement in this bill, but that does not mean it wouldn't be introduced in the future.

This "loophole" is intentionally left in the law, as to leave room for "need" for registration in the future. It is also one of the reasons I am very leery about all of the gun trafficking legislation. Since this bill requires transfers of grandfathered firearms to go thru a FFL, failing to do so would make you a gun trafficker, even if you know the person you are transferring to and 100% know they would pass a background check.
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

grumble
Posts in topic: 4

Post by grumble »

warhorse10_9 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:To enforce private sale vial FFL, you need to have reregistration. Otherwise, how do you know who own what at the time when the ban goes into force?
I agree. Registration is not a requirement in this bill, but that does not mean it wouldn't be introduced in the future.

This "loophole" is intentionally left in the law, as to leave room for "need" for registration in the future. It is also one of the reasons I am very leery about all of the gun trafficking legislation. Since this bill requires transfers of grandfathered firearms to go thru a FFL, failing to do so would make you a gun trafficker, even if you know the person you are transferring to and 100% know they would pass a background check.
^^^^ every bit of this. ^^^^^
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I think she included all politicians and police as being exempt so it would be more likely to pass. She needs the police to willingly enforce it and the politicians all want to keep their guns. It's the little people who must be made defenseless.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

grumble wrote: Any firearm manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action;
:

You know, mechanically speaking, a trigger is a lever.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Bart

Post by Bart »

Good luck with that argument in federal gun court. It sounds safer to shoot the wolves, shovel, and shut up.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Bart wrote:Good luck with that argument in federal gun court. It sounds safer to shoot the wolves, shovel, and shut up.
Suit yourself.
Last edited by sjfcontrol on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

TexasGal wrote:I think she included all politicians and police as being exempt so it would be more likely to pass. She needs the police to willingly enforce it and the politicians all want to keep their guns. It's the little people who must be made defenseless.
While Ms. Feinstein's inclusion of current and retired police would work if they were all "me first" democrats, they're not. Most take their oaths of office very seriously.

Few police will be lulled by this maneuver into thinking that they won't be next if they consent to do the dirty work of making the country safe for tyranny.

It's tough to flim flam folks who get lied to for a living.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

smtimelevi

Post by smtimelevi »

So according to all this legislation these geniuses are proposing I have to be a police officer to have any rights? Is SAPD hiring?

SF18C

Post by SF18C »

smtimelevi wrote:So according to all this legislation these geniuses are proposing I have to be a police officer to have any rights? Is SAPD hiring?
I was thinking along the same lines...we all just need to get govt jobs!

Oh and on the cops being "all in for me" types...remember the FoP is as liberal a union as the teamsters.
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Enemies. Police can often be the targets of bad guys who've done a stretch and are looking for revenge. A copy can put away a bad guy his first day on the force and end up having to deal with him again after he's retired.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”