CITY: 2 GUNMEN KILLED OUTSIDE MUHAMMAD CARTOON CONTEST

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Re: CITY: 2 GUNMEN KILLED OUTSIDE MUHAMMAD CARTOON CONTEST

Post by txglock21 »

Oldgringo wrote:So, who and what were the deceased gunmen? Before anyone else says it, I know 'dead men don't talk'. Even so, they were something from somewhere.

BTW, good job, Garland PD! :patriot:
One was identified as Elton Simpson of Phoenix, Arizona. The other has yet to be publicly identified. Simpson was already on the FBI's watch list.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

In my time in the Military, I would have described this event as a successful baited L-shaped ambush .. Though I think in reality this was just a realistic understanding by the city something was likely to happen and they prepared well.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

txglock21 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:So, who and what were the deceased gunmen? Before anyone else says it, I know 'dead men don't talk'. Even so, they were something from somewhere.

One was identified as Elton Simpson of Phoenix, Arizona. The other has yet to be publicly identified. Simpson was already on the FBI's watch list.
Hmmm? That sounds like an Anglo-American name. I wonder if he had been turned?

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Way to go Texas! We need more of these cartoon events to flush out the toilets. Waiting for the background on these two cartoon clown jihadees...
:iagree:
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

kragluver

Post by kragluver »

Outstanding job by Garland PD. :patriot:

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/05 ... d=noscript

Authorities identified Elton Simpson from Arizona as the man behind the “Shariah is Light” terrorist account.

A screen grab from the now suspended Twitter account of the person who tweeted about martyrdom and the #texasattack twenty minutes before the attack in Garland, Texas on Sunday shows that the person was a convert to Islam.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ammad.html
A senior FBI official has identified one of the men as Elton Simpson, who was previously the subject of a terror investigation, according to ABC News.

Simpson, identified in court papers as an American Muslim, had been convicted of lying to federal agents about his plans to travel to Somalia five years ago, but a judge ultimately ruled it could not be proved that he was heading there to join a terror group. He was placed on probation.

After his identity emerged, FBI agents and a bomb squad swarmed Simpson's apartment in north Phoenix, Arizona and used a robot to carry out the first sweep of his home, the channel reported. Investigators are reviewing computer records from materials found at the home

I ranked comments from the DM by rating. There are a lot of Brits wishing they could live in Texas and that the UK would regain some guts. For example:
thejayman, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago

Absolutely LOVE Texas and what it stands for. I'm a born and bread Londoner and WISH I could live in Texas.
Edited to add:

I read through the comments at the execrable LAT "news" site.....the leftwing nut jobs and appeasers in Commiefornia make the Brits look like Warrior Crusaders. Too bad Texas can't close our borders to these Commiefornia nut cases. They have got to be the most pathetic bunch of spineless whiners in the country.
Last edited by VMI77 on Mon May 04, 2015 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

“Shariah is Light” makes about as much sense as "Truth Is Fiction".

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TresHuevos »

Pawpaw wrote:

Apparently, they both lived in Phoenix. There is supposed to be a news conference at 10:00 this morning, so we may learn more then.
I know it said that they were from Phoenix but if the picture captions were correct it looks like the Nissan truck they were driving had Texas plates. That would imply some local support.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I wonder if he visited any of those non-existent ISIS camps?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Pawpaw wrote:

Apparently, they both lived in Phoenix. There is supposed to be a news conference at 10:00 this morning, so we may learn more then.

CNN will air the live news conference at 10.

Thanks Garland PD! :txflag: :patriot:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by ScooterSissy »

n5wd wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Free speech :patriot: :txflag:

Garland PD :hurry: :hurry:
The "security officer" was an unarmed security officer. Hit in leg, discharged from hospital in less than four hours. Everyone's hopeful for a speedy recovery!

"Free speech"? Yes, but like yelling " Fire" in a crowded theatre, it shoulda been obvious that some sort of negative reaction was going to happen. SWAT was already on scene due to that possibility.

There were apparently no Muslim demonstrators there at the Center - wonder if someone knew something was afoot?
Sorry, I disagree with the "fire in a crowded theatre" analogy. It is not. The problem with yelling fire in a crowded theater (assuming there is not fire) is that you are causing an alarm over a situation that does not exist, and such a false call is designed to instill panic.

In this case, they were indeed making a political statement, and I agree it was a controversial statement. However, it is their statement to make; and it was done in direct response to the previous actions taken at the same location.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

TresHuevos wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

I know it said that they were from Phoenix but if the picture captions were correct it looks like the Nissan truck they were driving had Texas plates. That would imply some local support.
Not if it was rented or stolen.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by talltex »

ScooterSissy wrote: In this case, they were indeed making a political statement, and I agree it was a controversial statement. However, it is their statement to make; and it was done in direct response to the previous actions taken at the same location.
I understand that they had previously allowed the center to be used for a "muslim" assembly of some kind. In spite of that, I believe it is foolish to allow the use of a public facility for an event that they KNOW is likely to elicit a negative response, and possibly a violent one, which it did. I also don't think it should ever have been approved for ANY "religious" meeting in the first place. There are plenty of private facilities that any type of religious group can use to hold an assembly. If anyone wants to hold a Muslim, Hindu, Christian or whatever assembly let them go to a Mosque, Temple, or Church and do so to their hearts content, but the government owned facilities should not be used...maintain the separation between church and state. The city of Garland was obviously anticipating problems given the uniformed and SWAT officers posted on the scene...thankfully. It's a case of "if you allow one group access, then you have no grounds to deny any other group the same access". The city council needs to look at setting a policy to avoid the issue.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

talltex wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote: In this case, they were indeed making a political statement, and I agree it was a controversial statement. However, it is their statement to make; and it was done in direct response to the previous actions taken at the same location.
I understand that they had previously allowed the center to be used for a "muslim" assembly of some kind. In spite of that, I believe it is foolish to allow the use of a public facility for an event that they KNOW is likely to elicit a negative response, and possibly a violent one, which it did. I also don't think it should ever have been approved for ANY "religious" meeting in the first place. There are plenty of private facilities that any type of religious group can use to hold an assembly. If anyone wants to hold a Muslim, Hindu, Christian or whatever assembly let them go to a Mosque, Temple, or Church and do so to their hearts content, but the government owned facilities should not be used...maintain the separation between church and state. The city of Garland was obviously anticipating problems given the uniformed and SWAT officers posted on the scene...thankfully. It's a case of "if you allow one group access, then you have no grounds to deny any other group the same access". The city council needs to look at setting a policy to avoid the issue.
I couldn't disagree more with what you've stated above. I would argue that cutting out all religious groups as not being able to use the facilities while allowing non-religious groups is by far a bigger infringement of the exact church/state protection you mention.

I would also argue that stopping an event from being held just because it might anger some people is a direct assault of our very Constitution and a very slippery slope of state censorship. Once that starts, you're not far from NK, China, Etc.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

talltex wrote:

yep, and then you have the government controlling speech!

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”