Oklahoma 2A "Sanctuary"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Oklahoma 2A "Sanctuary"

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, those darned Okies did it again. They passed Constitutional Carry some time back, and now they've passed a 2A "sanctuary" bill into law. I'm not saying I want to live in Oklahoma, I spent 21 years in the USAF and always intended to get back to Texas when my active duty career ended. But still, it's sort of annoying that they can get this stuff done and we can't. Seems like too many Republicans in Texas want to appease their Democrat counterparts. And if that's not what it's about, then please, by all means, explain it to me. As the man (in)famously said, "I'm all ears".

Again, I won't post a link because I can never tell which are allowed and which aren't, but a quick search can find the info on this topic.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oklahoma 2A "Sanctuary"

Post by jb2012 »

Oklahoma is getting better and better. I admire the way Wyoming does things.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

My hat's off to Oklahoma :tiphat:

They are getting it done BIG TIME:

Rioters Will Be in for a Nasty Surprise if They Block Roadways in Oklahoma
Last June...Not only did Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler not pursue charges for the driver, he actually demanded an investigation into those who were blocking the interstate
Encouraging rioters will only encourage more rioting.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by powerboatr »

jb2012 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:56 am Oklahoma is getting better and better. I admire the way Wyoming does things.
yep and its an easy move for us, less than 100 miles .
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

cirus
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cirus »

I believe this 2A sanctuary is just symbolic and means nothing in the end. If the feds start gun confiscation most state governments will follow along. It'll be up to the public and law enforcement to exercise it. Do you really see Abbott defying the feds? He won't even secure our border and never will. Just alot of talk and feel good gestures.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

cirus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 pm I believe this 2A sanctuary is just symbolic and means nothing in the end. If the feds start gun confiscation most state governments will follow along. It'll be up to the public and law enforcement to exercise it. Do you really see Abbott defying the feds? He won't even secure our border and never will. Just alot of talk and feel good gestures.
I can tell you that the State of Texas has it's own program working to secure the border that works with a variety of federal agencies and it has been remarkably effective.

Operation Border Star
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

cirus

Post by cirus »

If its working how come they're still pouring across the border? Is the Texas border sealed?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

cirus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:14 pm If its working how come they're still pouring across the border? Is the Texas border sealed?
Because the stampede when Uncle Joe invited everybody in, with benefits and government checks to boot. Realistically the border will never be sealed. There's lots of legitimate travel and commerce across the border.

If we really want to stop the illegal commerce across the border, arresting all the bankers who launder money for the cartels would be the first thing. The cartels only operate because they are making money... and cartels won't send drugs if they can't get money back:

HSBC Admit to Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Violations, Forfeit $1.256 Billion

$1.256 Billion has been described as a traffic ticket for what HSBC intentionally did and all the profit they made. Nobody even went to jail.

The establishment wants the illegal commerce to continue because they are profiting from it, BIG TIME... Just like all that cheap foreign labor... that's PROFIT for certain people, at our expense.

Topic author
K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

cirus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 pm I believe this 2A sanctuary is just symbolic and means nothing in the end. If the feds start gun confiscation most state governments will follow along. It'll be up to the public and law enforcement to exercise it. Do you really see Abbott defying the feds? He won't even secure our border and never will. Just alot of talk and feel good gestures.
So, in regards to the highlighted statement, do you truly foresee most states sending armed police door-to-door to confiscate firearms from average citizens who purchased those firearms legally and haven't used those firearms to commit any crimes? That makes me curious about your mental motivations. I read your pronouncement about Constitutional Carry on another post, and you seem to take an extremely dim view of any pro-2A legislation, even if only symbolic. I am simply curious as to why that might be.

cirus

Post by cirus »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:52 am
So, in regards to the highlighted statement, do you truly foresee most states sending armed police door-to-door to confiscate firearms from average citizens who purchased those firearms legally and haven't used those firearms to commit any crimes? That makes me curious about your mental motivations. I read your pronouncement about Constitutional Carry on another post, and you seem to take an extremely dim view of any pro-2A legislation, even if only symbolic. I am simply curious as to why that might be.
I'm very pro 2A but I'm tired of empty rhetoric. If your gonna do something than do it, otherwise shut up. Politicians blow smoke just to keep us happy and keep themselves in office. As far as armed police going door to door? I put nothing past law enforcement be it local, state or federal. I know alot wouldn't but people will and have done many things for money. WW2 showed us that. I guess I don't have faith in government, politicians , courts etc like most people on here do. With the direction this country is headed with the libtards cc really doesn't mean anything in the big scheme of things. I don't see the world through rose colored glasses.

cirus

Post by cirus »

Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 am
cirus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:14 pm If its working how come they're still pouring across the border? Is the Texas border sealed?
Because the stampede when Uncle Joe invited everybody in, with benefits and government checks to boot. Realistically the border will never be sealed. There's lots of legitimate travel and commerce across the border.

If we really want to stop the illegal commerce across the border, arresting all the bankers who launder money for the cartels would be the first thing. The cartels only operate because they are making money... and cartels won't send drugs if they can't get money back:

HSBC Admit to Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Violations, Forfeit $1.256 Billion

$1.256 Billion has been described as a traffic ticket for what HSBC intentionally did and all the profit they made. Nobody even went to jail.

The establishment wants the illegal commerce to continue because they are profiting from it, BIG TIME... Just like all that cheap foreign labor... that's PROFIT for certain people, at our expense.
I'm not talking about sealed off from travel and trade. Illegal immigrants. Down to a trickle like Trump was in office. The cartels wouldn't send drugs north if the American people were not such weak minded chemically dependent loosers. If there wasn't a market they wouldn't be here.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”