Oregon Measure 114 one of strictest gun control measures in U.S.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Oregon Measure 114 one of strictest gun control measures in U.S.

Post by Paladin »

Big Bucks Gun Prohibitionists Bankrolled Oregon Gun Control Campaign
Measure 114 would mandate permitting of Oregon gun owners in order just to purchase a firearm. It would ban so-called “large capacity magazines.” There is a training requirement, which many law enforcement agencies have said they are unprepared to address.
The bulk of money used to promote Oregon’s gun control Measure 114 came from wealthy out-of-state donors including two people based in neighboring Washington State, where they earlier supported gun control initiatives, including one being challenged in federal court.
It appears to have passed:
Partial returns tallied as of 11:15 p.m. showed Measure 114 leading 51% to 49%.

I doubt the law will hold up long in the Post-Bruen era, but it is interesting to see how far the big money guys like Bloomberg and the Balmers will go to infringe on our rights
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oregon Measure 114 one of strictest gun control measures in U.S.

Post by chasfm11 »

I already had little incentive to go to Oregon even though it is one of only 3 States into which I've never set foot. I'm OK if that is a very long never.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:15 pm I doubt the law will hold up long in the Post-Bruen era, but it is interesting to see how far the big money guys like Bloomberg and the Balmers will go to infringe on our rights
They know they’re going to ultimately lose, post-Bruen; but they also know that they’re going to bleed the pro-2A litigation coffers dry in doing so; and that is part of their goal. When you’ve got at least 2 billionaires (Soros & Bloomberg…not to mention however many others) supporting these efforts to disarm the peasantry, it’s nearly impossible for our side to match their funding. That means that it’s going to be harder for us to get their future challenges to Bruen struck down.

Forum rules forbid my use of the kind of language necessary to properly describe their Oedipal natures and lack of married parents.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Update: a favorable court ruling, as previously predicted in this thread.

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/11/21/ ... ey-county/
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:01 pm Update: a favorable court ruling, as previously predicted in this thread.

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/11/21/ ... ey-county/
:cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”