Democrats now want our Silencers

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Democrats now want our Silencers

Post by Paladin »

Bill Would Ban Suppressors for All but Police, Military
Democrats on Capitol Hill have introduced bicameral legislation that takes aim at the more than 2 million already highly regulated firearm suppressors in circulation.

The proposal, dubbed the "Help Empower Americans to Respond," or HEAR, Act, was introduced last month by U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez and U.S. Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, both New Jersey Democrats. The move would ban the importation, sale, manufacturing, transfer, and possession of suppressors with narrow exceptions for the devices' continued use by law enforcement or the military.

An assortment of national anti-gun groups, including the Violence Policy Center, Newtown Action Alliance, March For Our Lives, and Everytown, support the measure.
Silencers are no different devices than auto mufflers and are primarily used to protect hearing.

There is no doubt left. They are after absolute power and need our guns and silencers to get it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe

Re: Democrats now want our Silencers

Post by Rafe »

Because SO many murders have been committed using legally owned suppressors. They make guns two times more deadly, you know. A single round from a suppressed AR-15 can completely destroy a small one-story home. Raze it to the ground.

It's common sense. It's for the children.
:banghead:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

An assortment of national anti-gun groups, including the Violence Policy Center, Newtown Action Alliance, March For Our Lives, and Everytown, support any measure that will limit, ban or encumber your right to keep and bare arms.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

The GOP will protect us.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:45 pm The GOP will protect us.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:27 amThere is no doubt left. They are after absolute power and need our guns and silencers to get it.
Well, duh! :lol:
Steve Rothstein

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I will probably be chastised for this, but I will say it anyways. It goes back to Bump Stocks. Give them an inch and they take miles.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:10 pm An assortment of national anti-gun groups, including the Violence Policy Center, Newtown Action Alliance, March For Our Lives, and Everytown, support any measure that will limit, ban or encumber your right to keep and bare arms.
Don't forget the Police Unions...... :nono:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

carlson1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:40 pm I will probably be chastised for this, but I will say it anyways. It goes back to Bump Stocks. Give them an inch and they take miles.
I seem torecall some on this forum insisted that the gun community give up bump stocks in order to save more of our 2A rghts in the future. I am really glad that the bump stock sacrifice worked out so well.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:28 pm
carlson1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:40 pm I will probably be chastised for this, but I will say it anyways. It goes back to Bump Stocks. Give them an inch and they take miles.
I seem torecall some on this forum insisted that the gun community give up bump stocks in order to save more of our 2A rghts in the future. I am really glad that the bump stock sacrifice worked out so well.
:iagree:
Last edited by Grayling813 on Thu May 04, 2023 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ELB

Post by ELB »

The bump stock rule was genius. It only affects an accessory, not any existing firearm, it headed off Congress from having to take up the issue due to public pressure and promulgate a law that would be much harder to overturn, and it’s provided a vehicle to bring some sorely needed limits to executive branch latitude when interpreting their own rules, assuming SCOTUS supports a Cargill-like ruling, which I think they will. Even if Congress specifically calls out from stocks for regulation in the future, the limits on agency interpretation of rules will still be in place. That’s a big win.
USAF 1982-2005

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:27 am Bill Would Ban Suppressors for All but Police, Military
Democrats on Capitol Hill have introduced bicameral legislation that takes aim at the more than 2 million already highly regulated firearm suppressors in circulation.

The proposal, dubbed the "Help Empower Americans to Respond," or HEAR, Act, was introduced last month by U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez and U.S. Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, both New Jersey Democrats. The move would ban the importation, sale, manufacturing, transfer, and possession of suppressors with narrow exceptions for the devices' continued use by law enforcement or the military.

An assortment of national anti-gun groups, including the Violence Policy Center, Newtown Action Alliance, March For Our Lives, and Everytown, support the measure.
Silencers are no different devices than auto mufflers and are primarily used to protect hearing.

There is no doubt left. They are after absolute power and need our guns and silencers to get it.
I question why law enforcement needs suppressors but hunters do not. This seems backwards to me. We have the same problems with guns as we do with tech - the ones making the laws often have no idea what they're regulating or how it works.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:10 pm An assortment of national anti-gun groups, including the Violence Policy Center, Newtown Action Alliance, March For Our Lives, and Everytown, support any measure that will limit, ban or encumber your right to keep and bare arms.

What about baring my legs? Are they trying to ban that? I think I'll wear my shorts to the range today. It's hot.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”