Please Read

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Please Read

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Due to the 2008 Presidential election and the upcoming 2009 Texas Legislative Session, we are getting a lot of posts in the General Gun, Shooting & Equipment forum that are of a political nature. This new forum was set up for those types of topics. Please note, this is not an open forum for any and all political discussions. The topics must at least be tangentially related to guns, shooting, self-defense, Second Amendment, etc.

Thanks,
Chas.

Silverhawk

Re: Please Read

Post by Silverhawk »

Wanted to make you aware of HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
While it had not gone to committe or has any other supporters listed, it is out there.
goggle it or pull it up and read it for yourself.
This is not a good law!!
"NECESSITY is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tryants. It is the creed of slaves." William Pitt, 1783

american121

HR 45

Post by american121 »

HR 45 has gone to committee! :mad5

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

I think you meant the upcoming 2010 Texas Legislative Session. :tiphat:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

AEA wrote:I think you meant the upcoming 2010 Texas Legislative Session. :tiphat:
Are you commenting on the original post? If so, check its date.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

jimlongley wrote:
AEA wrote:I think you meant the upcoming 2010 Texas Legislative Session. :tiphat:
Are you commenting on the original post? If so, check its date.

Yes I was and you are correct, I missed that date!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Q24U

Post by Q24U »

I hope everyone has read Wayne LaPerre's article ("Standing Guard") this month in the NRA magazines (1st Freedom, American Hunter, American Rifleman, etc) - if not, read it ASAP. The current administration is completely filled with extreme left-wing activists and have simpathetic ears with many members of congress. The attacks on our 2nd ammendment rights and now on our first ammendment rights are in full swing. There are so many attacks on our freedoms going on simultaneously that it boggles the mind.

Besides writing/calling our congressional representatives, calling in to radio talk-shows, attending Tea Parties, etc...does anyone have any other ideas how we can fight back? This is getting real scary folks. My Dad (who I think stole the quote from Ben Franklin) always told me, "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." Any ideas? Anyone?

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Q24U wrote:Besides writing/calling our congressional representatives, calling in to radio talk-shows, attending Tea Parties, etc...does anyone have any other ideas how we can fight back? This is getting real scary folks. My Dad (who I think stole the quote from Ben Franklin) always told me, "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." Any ideas? Anyone?
Vote! And make sure your right-minded friends do as well. You can write all the letters in the world, but if the wrong person is reading them it won't do anyone any good.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The topics must at least be tangentially related to guns, shooting, self-defense, Second Amendment, etc.
So, is a CHLForum member running for a local office at least tangentially related, or should that be in Off Topic?

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

KD5NRH wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:The topics must at least be tangentially related to guns, shooting, self-defense, Second Amendment, etc.
So, is a CHLForum member running for a local office at least tangentially related, or should that be in Off Topic?
As one who has run for local office, I didn't find it necessary to have a lot of discussion about it on this forum, although I know I mentioned it. I lost by a considerable margin though.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”