America: Near Total Surveillance State

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: America: Near Total Surveillance State

Post by Dave2 »

RoyGBiv wrote:So is PGP and other similar shared hey encryption at all useful against government spying?

Or.... Would using such software just serve to make one a.target for further scrutiny?
If they're watching you anyway I'd imagine that evidence of you trying to hide things would make them even more interested. AFAIK, PGP uses practically unbreakable encryption (by which I mean it would take too long for them to crack the encryption for them to consider it practical). The thing is, you never know how good your encryption is — or more accurately, how good their code-breakers are — until it's time to rely on it. Unless everything regarding our country's code-breaking capabilities is declassified (and how would we know they aren't holding something back?), it's a bit of a guessing game.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

FishInTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FishInTx »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shhhhh!!!! :cool:

Hamourkiller

Post by Hamourkiller »

I have assumed since 9-11 we are all under US Security forces observation of some sort.

What ever type trail the 9-11 attackers left behind will be looked for in an effort to stop future attacks.

We have no privacy.
Last edited by Hamourkiller on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Our government is no longer a legitimate government. That's all I'm going to say about that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

Those who would forfeit their freedoms for the false promise of safety deserve neither.

Or, something to that effect. Until we get rid of the "patriot" act, the NDAA, the NSA, ect. it's only going to get worse, in 10 years time every major city could look like London, CCTV camera's all over the streets, in shops, even in peoples homes. This madness has to stop, lest we turn into China/Iran.

GeekDad

Post by GeekDad »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Our government is no longer a legitimate government. That's all I'm going to say about that.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I believe the Founding Fathers meant for the law to be understood by every man, so he/she could understand their rights and defend them. The convoluted laws of today have stripped us of our understanding and as such, our rights. CHL Holder Since 05/04/2012

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

FishInTx wrote:

Shhhhh!!!! :cool:
"rlol"
Here is the above link:
[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”