Santorum dropped out of race

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
FL450
Posts in topic: 1

Santorum dropped out of race

Post by FL450 »

just had a live news conferance. Didnt catch it all
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

Beiruty

Re: Santorum dropped out of race

Post by Beiruty »

It is time not to sleep while others are rallying.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

texanron
Posts in topic: 2

Post by texanron »

That's disappointing.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Expected....................
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

matriculated

Post by matriculated »

This is terrible, but I suppose the writing was on the wall. Why is it that we always have to nominate the guy who's "next in line" as opposed to the guy who best represents conservative values? The Democrats certainly don't seem to have any problems nominating liberal leftists (current POTUS). We have just nominated a man with the personality of a dodo bird and all the charm of a cement brick to go up against one of the slickest politicians this country has ever seen. That should work out well. :banghead:

BTW, don't you think there's something wrong with the nominating process when the Republican party can pick its nominee without TX weighing in?

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

matriculated wrote:This is terrible, but I suppose the writing was on the wall. Why is it that we always have to nominate the guy who's "next in line" as opposed to the guy who best represents conservative values? The Democrats certainly don't seem to have any problems nominating liberal leftists (current POTUS). We have just nominated a man with the personality of a dodo bird and all the charm of a cement brick to go up against one of the slickest politicians this country has ever seen. That should work out well. :banghead:

BTW, don't you think there's something wrong with the nominating process when the Republican party can pick its nominee without TX weighing in?
:iagree: Roughly half the States right?
Mostly them Northern ones picked their fellow.
Kinda like that election right after Lincoln.
Three of the former Confederate states (Texas, Mississippi, and Virginia) were not yet restored to the Union and therefore could not vote in the election.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... tion,_1868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DC just keeps makin' us Texans feel more and more welcome all the time.
Like Deja Vu all over again :grumble
Only reason we put up with it is cause we are the only State that can fly our flag :txflag: at the same height as that other Country we joined up wit' since we were the only State to join as a Country rather than a Territory, etc.:patriot:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

matriculated wrote:BTW, don't you think there's something wrong with the nominating process when the Republican party can pick its nominee without TX weighing in?
Blame the democrats for that. The delay in Texas republican participation is directly attributable to democrat litigation over redistributing. I don't think that was an unintentional consequence.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

While I understand the disappointment, Santorum had less than a snowballs' chance in hades of beating BHO.

Let's get focused on the goal. Bye, Bye, Barackie. ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

matriculated

Post by matriculated »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
matriculated wrote:BTW, don't you think there's something wrong with the nominating process when the Republican party can pick its nominee without TX weighing in?
Blame the democrats for that. The delay in Texas republican participation is directly attributable to democrat litigation over redistricting. I don't think that was an unintentional consequence.
Fixed it for ya. ;-) Republicans don't redistribute, that's what we have the Democrats for.

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

1 down, two more to go ;-)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

matriculated

Post by matriculated »

RoyGBiv wrote:While I understand the disappointment, Santorum had less than a snowballs' chance in hades of beating BHO.

Let's get focused on the goal. Bye, Bye, Barackie. ;-)
My crystal ball disagrees. Willard has even less of a chance, and on the evening of Nov. 6th, as the major news networks call the election for Obama, we'll all be wondering "Why didn't we nominate a more conservative candidate?"

As he has already told us, this is Etch-a-Sketch time for Willard; in other words, bye-bye conservatives. It's only a matter of time before he starts backing away from the Ryan budget, watch.

EconDoc

Post by EconDoc »

As a libertarian (small "l"), Santorum was not my man. His comments on libertarian mark his a conservative authoritarian which is little better than the leftist authoritarians of the Democrat party. The sad thng is that nobody remembers that Barry Goldwater conservatives were much, much closer to libertarianism than are the modern neo-conservatives. Sadly, I don't think that either party is all that committed to the ideals of personal liberty for the masses--just for their own elites. :cryin

The situation reminds me of a cartoon I once saw: Two peasants were sitting next to a wall, looking at the tank and soldiers in the village square. One of them asked the other, "I forget; is our Glorious Leader a Right-Wing dictator or a Left-Wing dictator?" :cryin :cryin

:patriot: :txflag:
Sauron lives and his orc minions are on the march. Free people own guns.

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator »

How do they determine the number of delegates? Is it strictly population or do they take into account how many electoral votes the state has delivered for the Republican candidate in recent elections?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

matriculated wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Blame the democrats for that. The delay in Texas republican participation is directly attributable to democrat litigation over redistricting. I don't think that was an unintentional consequence.
Fixed it for ya. ;-) Republicans don't redistribute, that's what we have the Democrats for.
iPad spell-checker. :grumble
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

So there is a god.

Jokes aside, Santorum was a horrible candidate, every time he opened his mouth it seemed like he wanted to turn the US more and more into a Christian version of Iran.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”