CHL Holder in Mall Attack... video

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Marshal
Posts in topic: 2

CHL Holder in Mall Attack... video

Post by The Marshal »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Holder in Mall Attack... video

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Wow. And that took some control to be aware of what was behind his target, and to choose not to fire.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

I would have to say he used good judgement and made the correct choice according to what he has said.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

GWE Chally

Post by GWE Chally »

He's got nothing to be ashamed of; he made the right call.

Had to be a tough decision though...
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

Considering that the next shot the man fired was to kill himself, it seems that Mr. Meely's decision to draw on the shooter was sufficient to convince him that he had only two choices left - engage in a gunfight with Mr. Meely or shoot himself. He chose the latter.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

terryg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by terryg »

Another story:
http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-a ... 93571.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... this space intentionally left blank ...

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pbwalker »

from the comments:
he choked plain and simple, I didn't want to shoot because of other people" that fine but to leave and hide in a store is not...thats a choke. if anything run up on him and cap his <expletive>
What is wrong with people?! Again, a CHL is not a batman license. You are not a LEO. You have no obligation to do anything other than protect you and yours. You can armchair quarterback it all you want, but in the end, you are nothing more than an Internet Commando, wannabe tough guy.

I swear, I need to stop reading the comments on these articles and videos. They make me angry sometimes. :banghead:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

terryg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by terryg »

I gotta say, after watching the video again, I am a little skeptical. I want to believe it and I know it will happen eventually.

But he was a former security guard at the mall and wants to be a LEO - that's awful coincidental. I hope my skepticism is misplaced. It would be nice if we could get some independent verification.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

He has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. What great self control not to pull the trigger.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

terryg wrote:I gotta say, after watching the video again, I am a little skeptical. I want to believe it and I know it will happen eventually.

But he was a former security guard at the mall and wants to be a LEO - that's awful coincidental. I hope my skepticism is misplaced. It would be nice if we could get some independent verification.
Good points. I wonder if there is security camera footage?

barstoolguru
Posts in topic: 7

Post by barstoolguru »

pbwalker wrote:from the comments:
he choked plain and simple, I didn't want to shoot because of other people" that fine but to leave and hide in a store is not...thats a choke. if anything run up on him and cap his <expletive>
What is wrong with people?! Again, a CHL is not a batman license. You are not a LEO. You have no obligation to do anything other than protect you and yours. You can armchair quarterback it all you want, but in the end, you are nothing more than an Internet Commando, wannabe tough guy.

I swear, I need to stop reading the comments on these articles and videos. They make me angry sometimes. :banghead:
Not me, like I said he choked. Fine he made a decision not to shoot because of other behind the shooter and that is commendable but to go and hide in a store is just wrong when you are the only thing stopping him from shooting more people and he want to be a cop...Wrong. Never give up never surrender, this guy is only showing his face because the shooter killed himself, if he would have shot someone else we would have never heard from him. What if he is a cop and chokes when a fellow cop is in the line of fire or worse, cover his butt if you want I have no respect for him. God forbid if someone lets him be a cop
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

barstoolguru wrote:

Not me, like I said he choked. Fine he made a decision not to shoot because of other behind the shooter and that is commendable but to go and hide in a store is just wrong when you are the only thing stopping him from shooting more people and he want to be a cop...Wrong. Never give up never surrender, this guy is only showing his face because the shooter killed himself, if he would have shot someone else we would have never heard from him. What if he is a cop and chokes when a fellow cop is in the line of fire or worse, cover his butt if you want I have no respect for him. God forbid if someone lets him be a cop
Says the guy who has apparently never been in a shooting situation.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

barstoolguru wrote:

They train LEOs for this type of situation
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Keith B wrote:
barstoolguru wrote:

Says the guy who has apparently never been in a shooting situation.
:iagree:

barstoolguru
Posts in topic: 7

Post by barstoolguru »

They train LEOs for this type of situation
so was Audrey murphy or Alvin York trained for what they did. Warriors are forged on the battle field but heroes are found in the most unlikely places. He could have shot up in the celling, could have yelled, could have done something but he chose to go hide

we seen teachers with no training (woman, god bless them) and men die to protect others so say what you want this guy needs to find a rock
Last edited by barstoolguru on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”