Rally in Austin on 1/19

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rally in Austin on 1/19

Post by Skiprr »

Great photos.

Great support for The Constitution of the United States of America.

Great support for The Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment.

God Bless every one of you.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jaguar »

Bennies wrote:I think overall the rally went really well! We had some pretty good numbers and everyone seemed to put on a good representation of the second amendment (aside from a few info war people). Speakers were pretty good I thought too!

It was great getting to meet some of you forum members! Sorry I couldn't hang out and chat a little longer.
Yeah, the inforwars guy was an idiot.

So you were the one carrying around the petition? I believe I took a photo of you.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Bennies
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Bennies »

74novaman wrote:
Bennies wrote: Sorry I couldn't hang out and chat a little longer.
It's alright, you had work to do with that petition! :mrgreen:

I know you said you know the organizer, so I'd to convey my thanks to him for organizing such an excellent event on such short notice, and offer to lend a hand if his group decides to do anything else.

The rally today was great because it showed us that there are lots of people willing to fight for our rights. Now we need to keep working together to preserve them.

Seriously, anything I can do to help yall out, let me know. :tiphat:
I will pass the appreciation along to Eric. I don't know what he plans to do next( my guess is take a well deserved rest over the next few days) but ill let him know that he has people that are willing to help. Nice meeting you there.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

Bennies

Post by Bennies »

Jaguar wrote:
Bennies wrote:I think overall the rally went really well! We had some pretty good numbers and everyone seemed to put on a good representation of the second amendment (aside from a few info war people). Speakers were pretty good I thought too!

It was great getting to meet some of you forum members! Sorry I couldn't hang out and chat a little longer.
Yeah, the inforwars guy was an idiot.

So you were the one carrying around the petition? I believe I took a photo of you.

[ Image ]
There were a few of us with the petition. I was wearing a black jacket and I am not a female LOL.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jaguar »

Bennies wrote:There were a few of us with the petition. I was wearing a black jacket and I am not a female LOL.
Aarrgh, my bad. I didn't get the name, or forum name of anyone there. Just snap happy and having a good time.

Sorry about that. :tiphat:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Bennies

Post by Bennies »

Jaguar wrote:
Bennies wrote:There were a few of us with the petition. I was wearing a black jacket and I am not a female LOL.
Aarrgh, my bad. I didn't get the name, or forum name of anyone there. Just snap happy and having a good time.

Sorry about that. :tiphat:
No worries, my wife and I got a good chuckle out of that.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member

eureka40
Posts in topic: 5

Post by eureka40 »

It was great to meet you and thanks for all your hard work. :txflag:

I was the guy from Pflugerville.

You take care and let me know if I can help in the future.
TSRA Life Memeber

jrandyw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jrandyw »

I was there with my little white dog. It was a great rally. My first political/civil rights event ever. I was proud to be there and be a part of it.
6/16/12 CHL
NRA Member

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Wish I was able to go... Lifetime Austin resident but new baby and bills to pay.. Had to work all day...

Thanks to all that did show up... Even the guy with the evil camo rifle and idiots from infowars.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

PUCKER wrote:Great rally! Just got home, thank you geekwgun for driving! Fickman, great to meet you....and the rest of the other members from here.
:tiphat:

My pleasure, got to check the MPG on the new car and was great to meet and hang out with like minded folks.
NRA Life Member

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Do you know what the total number of people that signed the petition that was going around?

It was difficult to hear everything from the back, the loud speakers were not placed high enough in the air to project to the back with all the people - my only negative complaint/comment about the rally.

I was glad to see all the people that showed up - reminds me of the start of the Tea Party rally's in 2009
NRA Life Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Sounds like it was a good rally. Wish I could have made it.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

texanjoker wrote:The only long gun I saw was this guy, who was also wearing a gold militia badge..

[ Image ]
Our brethren gun owners in Ohio had about 2300 people at the Ohio Capitol yesterday. There were long guns everywhere:

This one is my favorite:

With a close second:

Some others:

Other pictures here: http://client.madpixohio.com/Other/Guns ... &k=RWLDPSb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last time I stood on the Ohio Capitol lawn in 2009, I had a rifle on my should too.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

airboss
Posts in topic: 6

Post by airboss »

I was in Austin yesterday.

Everyone I talked to was very passionate, one of the speakers even made a remark about how polite we are to each other. Tru dat!

I made it a point to talk to a few of the LEO's, they couldn't have been nicer, I even went inside the Capital using the "CHL" lane, and I just wonder why we can't do something like that at major airport instead of the cluster we're doing now. Took a few pictures, had lunch at the Texas Chili Parlor, whose menu hasn't changed in at least 30 years!

But I'm concerned. Ok, granted, there wasn't a lot of notice, and maybe there wasn't an awful lot of publicity. It's a little difficult to estimate crowd size, a few of the amateur guessers put it at maybe in the neighborhood of 1000-1500. If I were a betting man, I'd say the over/under line would be in that range. Taking that at face value, it would put our turnout at roughly 1/10 of the number of people who showed up for the college basketball game (UT/KU) going on only a few short blocks away. Oh, and not to bash the state college or anything but they are in the middle of a losing season, and have yet to win a conference game: yet defenders of the second amendment can only muster maybe 10% of the attendees of a crappy basketball game. Taking that math one step further, we drew .00082% of Metro Austin and .00005769% of the state of Texas. I sadly fear we're losing it, and it's only a matter of time.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Right2Carry »

airboss wrote:I was in Austin yesterday.

Everyone I talked to was very passionate, one of the speakers even made a remark about how polite we are to each other. Tru dat!

I made it a point to talk to a few of the LEO's, they couldn't have been nicer, I even went inside the Capital using the "CHL" lane, and I just wonder why we can't do something like that at major airport instead of the cluster we're doing now. Took a few pictures, had lunch at the Texas Chili Parlor, whose menu hasn't changed in at least 30 years!

But I'm concerned. Ok, granted, there wasn't a lot of notice, and maybe there wasn't an awful lot of publicity. It's a little difficult to estimate crowd size, a few of the amateur guessers put it at maybe in the neighborhood of 1000-1500. If I were a betting man, I'd say the over/under line would be in that range. Taking that at face value, it would put our turnout at roughly 1/10 of the number of people who showed up for the college basketball game (UT/KU) going on only a few short blocks away. Oh, and not to bash the state college or anything but they are in the middle of a losing season, and have yet to win a conference game: yet defenders of the second amendment can only muster maybe 10% of the attendees of a crappy basketball game. Taking that math one step further, we drew .00082% of Metro Austin and .00005769% of the state of Texas. I sadly fear we're losing it, and it's only a matter of time.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
I was there as well and experienced a mixture of emotions. I was proud to be there with my wife and son yet terribly disappointed at the turnout for a state of this size. We should have easily had 50-100 thousand people there supporting gun rights. Like I stated mixed emotions about the rally.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”