Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

A-R
Senior Member
Posts: 5776
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Austin area

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby A-R » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Saw this elsewhere:Toby Keith is a RINO (Redneck in Name Only)

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts: 5837
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby ELB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:33 pm

suthdj wrote:There was a story in the Dallas news about his places it seems they (Boomtown) have many law suits in other states against them, anyway Toby says he is a hands off the reastraunts. My guess is they pay him for the use of his name and some face time. Any way you look at it it is all about money. I doubt he the songs he sings reflect his beliefs, more like they reflect his desire to make money.


A little update:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... 748957001/

The link is to the first of a three part series on Frank Capri, "nee" Frank Gioia Jr., a mobster from NYC. He got caught, turned state's witness, got five years with time served and placement for him and his family in the WitSec program.

The feds reincarnated him as Frank Capri, a real estate developer in Phoenix AZ. One of his developments as a chain of restaurants called "Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill" via the Boomtown development corporation, which paid Toby Keith for the use of his name, the song title, and the album title. Keith had no ownership interest.

The development plan was to sell as many restaurant developments as possible as fast as possible, take money from the investors (many/most mall owners who wanted longterm leases), pocket the money, and let the restaurant deals collapse. It worked amazingly well.

There were few restaurants built in the beginning, nearly all of which closed within a few months for failure to pay rent, taxes, etc, and a lot more promised that never even started construction. There is only one restaurant still in existence, in Massachusetts. (Apparently there is at least one other unrelated company that also uses the "I Love This Bar" theme, with a few restaurants).

There are at least 48 lawsuits ongoing, with $65M in judgments so far. From the linked articles, appears Frank Capri is still running around loose.
Last edited by ELB on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:


BBYC
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby BBYC » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 pm

ELB wrote:There are at least 48 lawsuits ongoing, with $65M in judgments so far. From the linked articles, appears Frank Capri is still running around loose.

Maybe his previous business partners found him. :evil2:
Drain the swamp, and please hurry!

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts: 6860
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby RoyGBiv » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:55 pm

ELB wrote:There were few restaurants built in the beginning, nearly all of which closed within a few months for failure to pay rent, taxes, etc, and a lot more promised that never even started construction. There is only one restaurant still in existence, in Massachusetts. (Apparently there is at least one other unrelated company that also uses the "I Love This Bar" theme, with a few restaurants).

I believe the one inside Winstar Casino is still going...
https://www.winstarworldcasino.com/toby ... and-grill/

Prices are out of my range for burgers and such, so, I've never eaten there.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts: 5837
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby ELB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 pm

RoyGBiv wrote:
ELB wrote:There were few restaurants built in the beginning, nearly all of which closed within a few months for failure to pay rent, taxes, etc, and a lot more promised that never even started construction. There is only one restaurant still in existence, in Massachusetts. (Apparently there is at least one other unrelated company that also uses the "I Love This Bar" theme, with a few restaurants).

I believe the one inside Winstar Casino is still going...
https://www.winstarworldcasino.com/toby ... and-grill/

Prices are out of my range for burgers and such, so, I've never eaten there.



Oklahoma's three Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill locations, including a restaurant in Bricktown, are operated by Norman-based Hal Smith Restaurant Group and have no affiliation with Boomtown Entertainment.

Hal Smith Restaurant Group also operates Toby Keith's Love This Bar & Grill locations at the WinStar World Casino in Thackerville and the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Catoosa.

http://newsok.com/article/5432521

The one in Massachusetts is (AFAIK) the only one started by Boomtown that is still open. Out of something like 40 deals.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:


NavAir
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:37 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby NavAir » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm

There was one in Orange Beach, AL at the Wharf. Went once, wasn't bad (waitresses were cute), went back and it was gone...

User avatar

Deltaboy
Senior Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Johnson County TX

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby Deltaboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:37 pm

Sad to hear this! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.


mayor
Senior Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: N. Fort Worth

Re: Toby Keith bans guns in his restaurant!

Postby mayor » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Not a Keith fan and I didn't even know he had a restaurant.


Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests