Looking for a little help, on some OLD firearm law.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for a little help, on some OLD firearm law.

Post by jamminbutter »

In searching the Legislative Reference Library it states "Original bill files for this session are held by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Contact the State Archives at 512-463-5455 for information on viewing bill files."

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mtnthundr2 »

5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

While not 100% exactly what I was looking for (text of the law with the author's name in the document) it is enough to convince me that is the same bill. Thanks! I dated a paralegal once and you guys would impress her, as for myself I am blown away by how quick you got results.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Some folks have Google fu.

I'm impressed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/38haltex.pdf

See pages 22-23 .... its not the exact TEXT you're looking for but had the wording (and is extremely interesting!).

I've also gone to the Legislature website to see if I could find it there but they only go back to 1884.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Wow, wow WOW!! What an extremely interesting read! Thanks for posting mtnthundr2! Seems to be the penal code of 1870-1880. Or there abouts. I'd like to read more. This was history in the making, for sure. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

joe817 wrote:
Wow, wow WOW!! What an extremely interesting read! Thanks for posting mtnthundr2! Seems to be the penal code of 1870-1880. Or there abouts. I'd like to read more. This was history in the making, for sure. :tiphat:
You're welcome, I'm glad you found it interesting! This was a great topic and I had fun researching it and reading these old documents. This thread has inspired me to learn more about our 2A rights and how we got to this point in history. :patriot:

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I am going to be a guest on a history podcast in the near future, which is why I was looking into this subject. The whole goal of this is to know for 100% fact what I will be discussing. I greatly appreciate the help and the extra material will be very useful I think, if this is not used on that podcast I will use it in my own.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

jmra

Post by jmra »

joe817 wrote:
Reading the journal was interesting too. Everything from bills dealing with Indians to creation of toll bridges to the creation of new counties and townships.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I noticed bridge building was a main issue, along with incorporating businesses and cities (Like Waco).

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Awesome guys. This is like reading the Federalist Papers, which even my lib college history professor had us do (nigh on 30 years ago :shock: )
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

G.A. Heath wrote:I am going to be a guest on a history podcast in the near future, which is why I was looking into this subject. The whole goal of this is to know for 100% fact what I will be discussing. I greatly appreciate the help and the extra material will be very useful I think, if this is not used on that podcast I will use it in my own.
GA, is that the Come and Take It Podcast?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

baldeagle wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:I am going to be a guest on a history podcast in the near future, which is why I was looking into this subject. The whole goal of this is to know for 100% fact what I will be discussing. I greatly appreciate the help and the extra material will be very useful I think, if this is not used on that podcast I will use it in my own.
Yes I will be a guess on the Come and Take It Podcast, additionally I have asked Mike Zolkoski to be a guest co-host on April 2 on my podcast when I stream it live and have call-in. The idea for April 2 is to discuss any current legislation before the Texas Legislature, that episode will be available for download the following Sunday.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

G.A. Heath wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
Yes I will be a guess on the Come and Take It Podcast, additionally I have asked Mike Zolkoski to be a guest co-host on April 2 on my podcast when I stream it live and have call-in. The idea for April 2 is to discuss any current legislation before the Texas Legislature, that episode will be available for download the following Sunday.
Great, that means I get to meet you, because I will be on that podcast as well. I wrote the episode, and they've asked me to sit in on the recording.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

baldeagle wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
Great, that means I get to meet you, because I will be on that podcast as well. I wrote the episode, and they've asked me to sit in on the recording.
That is great, since we are forum family and I have invited Mike to guest cohost on April 2, the offer extends to you as well. So the question is you want in on a live podcast? The date will be April 2, 2015 and the time will be 7:00pm. If you want to podcast PM me your email and I will send you an editable link to the google doc.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”