CITY: 2 GUNMEN KILLED OUTSIDE MUHAMMAD CARTOON CONTEST

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 10

Re: CITY: 2 GUNMEN KILLED OUTSIDE MUHAMMAD CARTOON CONTEST

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Andy...thanks for the great video link. Glad someone else doesn't mind speaking the truth for a change.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

I saw this a couple days ago, but forgot to post it here.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/garland- ... e-officer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the initial narrative outlined the morning after the incident occurred, Garland police said the two gunmen drove up to the center and opened fire in the parking lot, hitting a school security officer in the leg. A police spokesman said last week that an officer who normally works on traffic, but who was at the event as part of a heavy security detail, shot and killed both gunmen using his duty pistol.
... as it turns out, the gunmen were killed by multiple members of a SWAT team.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Taypo »

I'm pretty sure they're trying to spread the blame to take some heat off the uniformed cop. At some point, his name is going to be out there and it'd be nice if he wasn't shouldering the entire weight of ISIS in the US.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...or, as is often the case, the media couldn't get the facts straight.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Abraham wrote:...or, as is often the case, the media couldn't get the facts straight.
Why, that's just blasphemy. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Cop shares gunfight lessons from ISIS-inspired 'Draw the Prophet' terrorist attack
Garland, Texas, Police Officer Greg Stevens had just resumed his post at the west entrance to the Curtis Culwell Center when a car pulled to an abrupt stop in the driveway, parallel to the traffic cones that blocked public access to the parking lot and buildings behind him. From his position at the right rear of the car, which was parked partly in the street and partly in the blocked driveway, he could see the Arizona tags on the vehicle.

Although it had been anticipated that the widely-advertised and controversial “Draw the Prophet Contest” would attract visitors from all over, the out-of-state plates caught Stevens’ eye. The plates didn't grab his attention nearly as much, however, as the passenger who was exiting from the right front of the vehicle with an AK-pattern rifle in his hands.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have no sympathy for those two terrorist wannabe used to be's.

Here's what stuck out to me from that article. Suspects were DOWN, but still twitching, so they get shot some more. Okay.

SWAT arrives on scene and because the, probably dead, suspects won't comply with their commands get shot some more. Okay, but didn't an OK pharmacist get jail time for that or something pretty close to that?

allisji
Posts in topic: 3

Post by allisji »

C-dub wrote:I have no sympathy for those two terrorist wannabe used to be's.

Here's what stuck out to me from that article. Suspects were DOWN, but still twitching, so they get shot some more. Okay.

SWAT arrives on scene and because the, probably dead, suspects won't comply with their commands get shot some more. Okay, but didn't an OK pharmacist get jail time for that or something pretty close to that?
I don't know about the case that you're referring to, but it seems like it would be very situation dependent. It does raise the eyebrows to read that they continued firing until all movement had ceased. In this case they are clear to indicate the elevated concerns that the pair could be carrying IEDs and could operate them even after being taken down by gunfire.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

There's a big difference between a robbery and a terror attack. When was the last time you heard about a robber with an IED?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

This raises a question, suppose following a shoot out you have a wounded bad guy and a wounded good guy, as a paramedic I would go to the wounded good guy and render whatever medical assistance I could, but I would have a concern with the wounded bad guy doing something while my attention was on the care of the wounded GG, is a coup de grace ever justified?
Never leave a wounded enemy at your back!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

allisji wrote:

I don't know about the case that you're referring to, but it seems like it would be very situation dependent. It does raise the eyebrows to read that they continued firing until all movement had ceased. In this case they are clear to indicate the elevated concerns that the pair could be carrying IEDs and could operate them even after being taken down by gunfire.
Just be thankful right now that left wing liberals have not completed their take over of the Texas political system. Recently in Israel an IDF soldier was sentenced to prison for doing exactly what those SWAT team members did - making sure that the terrorist threat was eliminated and that the scene was secure, including making sure that the terrorist could not detonate an explosive vest. We in the West are doomed unless we stop the political correctness that seems certain to destroy first Europe and then the USA.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

crazy2medic wrote:This raises a question, suppose following a shoot out you have a wounded bad guy and a wounded good guy, as a paramedic I would go to the wounded good guy and render whatever medical assistance I could, but I would have a concern with the wounded bad guy doing something while my attention was on the care of the wounded GG, is a coup de grace ever justified?
Make sure bad guy and any weapons he may have been carrying are secure and let him bleed out. There is no moral obligation to save the life of a murderer, especially if that same resource can be used to save an innocent.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Lena
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lena »

My partner stabbed in kidney area 2-3 times bad guy shot 3 times center chest 5' distance 9mm Win Silvertips.
They transported the shot thug 1st I never forgot that.
The thug did not survive and was DOA. Partner recovered after surgeries and long rehab time.
Stay Safe

allisji

Post by allisji »

crazy2medic wrote:This raises a question, suppose following a shoot out you have a wounded bad guy and a wounded good guy, as a paramedic I would go to the wounded good guy and render whatever medical assistance I could, but I would have a concern with the wounded bad guy doing something while my attention was on the care of the wounded GG, is a coup de grace ever justified?
As a paramedic, are you trained in how to prioritize patients, and how does this type of scenario fit that training?
Lena wrote:My partner stabbed in kidney area 2-3 times bad guy shot 3 times center chest 5' distance 9mm Win Silvertips.
They transported the shot thug 1st I never forgot that.
The thug did not survive and was DOA. Partner recovered after surgeries and long rehab time.
If the responders didn't suspect that your partners injuries were life-threatening, then they may have been following protocol to attempt to treat the patient with life-threatening injuries first (I use the term patient, because he was clearly not a victim). I would also be angry that they would treat a dangerous criminal before they would treat an innocent victim of a stabbing attack with very real injuries. Very glad to hear that he recovered.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”