U.S. Bank Terminating Relationships with Firearms Businesses

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: U.S. Bank Terminating Relationships with Firearms Businesses

Post by ScottDLS »

MechAg94 wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:Ding, Dong - Operation Chokepoint is dead:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... point.html
But could another President just have the same rules/regulations put back in place? Was the law changed to prevent it?
An argument can, and was, made that existing law doesn't allow how the program was implemented. But because congress has delegated its constitutional responsibility to make law to executive departments we get this type of issues frequently. Interestingly I was applying for a business checking account for my LLC just today with Capital One and I noticed they had questions about high risk businesses like gambling, money transfer, bulk cash acceptance, etc. Notably absent... firearms related business... At least one giant bank...
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

But could another President just have the same rules/regulations put back in place? Was the law changed to prevent it?
An argument can, and was, made that existing law doesn't allow how the program was implemented. But because congress has delegated its constitutional responsibility to make law to executive departments we get this type of issues frequently. Interestingly I was applying for a business checking account for my LLC just today with Capital One and I noticed they had questions about high risk businesses like gambling, money transfer, bulk cash acceptance, etc. Notably absent... firearms related business... At least one giant bank...

Not to mention the fact, that a firearms business, is no more "high risk" than any other. The regulation was used to try to intimidate, and discourage people from opening any business, the previous administration disagreed with, and that included gun stores, manufacturers, etc. Banks were constantly audited, if they had loaned money to any of these businesses. It was in line with the use of the IRS to target conservative organizations. It never worked out like they had hoped, because, as we all know, gun sales were skyrocketing during the past 8 years, and getting business loans for firearms related businesses, was not difficult, because repayment was a sure thing. But, the fact that it has been killed by this administration, shows that Trump, is still fulfilling his promises.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

:iagree:

I wholeheartedly agree!
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

Not to mention the fact, that a firearms business, is no more "high risk" than any other. The regulation was used to try to intimidate, and discourage people from opening any business, the previous administration disagreed with, and that included gun stores, manufacturers, etc. Banks were constantly audited, if they had loaned money to any of these businesses. It was in line with the use of the IRS to target conservative organizations. It never worked out like they had hoped, because, as we all know, gun sales were skyrocketing during the past 8 years, and getting business loans for firearms related businesses, was not difficult, because repayment was a sure thing. But, the fact that it has been killed by this administration, shows that Trump, is still fulfilling his promises.
Firearms business are high risk? When was the last time the government had to bail out a firearms business with taxpayer money?
Seems auto manufacturers, banks and a bunch of other businesses have hand their hands out collecting bailouts the last few years.
The program was nothing more than the previous administrations efforts to dismantle the 2nd Amendment any way possible.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”