Another Meme Thread

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 49

Re: Another Meme Thread

Post by crazy2medic »

imkopaka wrote:
Alf wrote:Image
People try to paint that as an inconsistency in our worldview, but they refuse to acknowledge the reality that there are two different levels of interaction with police, just as there are with all people. If they are obeying the law (constitutional law being the highest in the land), I respect, obey, and support the police - even when it's my butt in the fire for a speeding ticket or what have you. If they are not obeying the law, or they are attempting to enforce an unconstitutional law, I will stand up for my rights. If police ever show up at my door to take my guns, I will warn them to leave if they value their life. They are still Americans; our brothers and sisters, our neighbors and friends, so I don't want to hurt them - I want them to simply leave. If they fail to heed the warning, then I will safeguard my family and my rights by whatever means necessary.

It is not incongruous to stand up for what's right while supporting the people who regularly do just that. It simply takes wisdom and a level headed assessment of the developments of a changing situation.

Edited for typos.
It won't be your local P.D. it will be people from the Alphabet agencies!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

jollyman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jollyman »

crazy2medic wrote:
imkopaka wrote:
People try to paint that as an inconsistency in our worldview, but they refuse to acknowledge the reality that there are two different levels of interaction with police, just as there are with all people. If they are obeying the law (constitutional law being the highest in the land), I respect, obey, and support the police - even when it's my butt in the fire for a speeding ticket or what have you. If they are not obeying the law, or they are attempting to enforce an unconstitutional law, I will stand up for my rights. If police ever show up at my door to take my guns, I will warn them to leave if they value their life. They are still Americans; our brothers and sisters, our neighbors and friends, so I don't want to hurt them - I want them to simply leave. If they fail to heed the warning, then I will safeguard my family and my rights by whatever means necessary.

It is not incongruous to stand up for what's right while supporting the people who regularly do just that. It simply takes wisdom and a level headed assessment of the developments of a changing situation.

Edited for typos.
And they will not just knock on your door and politely ask you to turn in your guns!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." -- Thomas Jefferson

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 33

Post by anygunanywhere »

crazy2medic wrote:
imkopaka wrote:

Edited for typos.
Think again. Is your chief of police or sheriff a constitutional chief or sheriff ?? Have you asked them? Have you asked them if they support confiscation?

I asked the Fayette County sheriff and he refused to answer. He is a Democrat.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 12

Post by twomillenium »

Police Chief in Houston is from Cuba and he marched with BLM in Austin, so you guess.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

OlBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OlBill »

twomillenium wrote:Police Chief in Houston is from Cuba and he marched with BLM in Austin, so you guess.
He was 4 when his family immigrated. He is a product of California, not Cuba.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 20

Post by imkopaka »

jollyman wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
imkopaka wrote:

Edited for typos.
And they will not just knock on your door and politely ask you to turn in your guns!

And if it is some flunky from an alphabet agency, does that make him any less of an American? Does that make him any less of a human being? Regardless of who knocks on the door, they are not the ones making decisions and pulling strings - they are trying to make a living for their family same as me, they just chose an employer slightly more corrupt than mine. As long as I have the reasonable expectation of immediate safety that would allow me to make such a concession, I will give them the opportunity to walk away. It keeps my hands clean of unnecessary bloodshed and allows a potentially undecided person to return to their family and rethink their job and their life. If they forced the issue or showed up with guns drawn (or jumped through a window, or blew the door, or.......) then I would make the decision to protect my rights with violence. Until that point, I'm not going to pull a trigger with delusions of heroism and starting the next revolution. Some junior agent making 12 bucks an hour is not the one responsible for gun confiscation, and I doubt he'd be willing to die for it. Let cooler heads prevail, if such heads exist. Just my 2 cents. :tiphat:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 33

Post by anygunanywhere »

imkopaka wrote:
jollyman wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
imkopaka wrote:

Edited for typos.

And if it is some flunky from an alphabet agency, does that make him any less of an American? Does that make him any less of a human being? Regardless of who knocks on the door, they are not the ones making decisions and pulling strings - they are trying to make a living for their family same as me, they just chose an employer slightly more corrupt than mine. As long as I have the reasonable expectation of immediate safety that would allow me to make such a concession, I will give them the opportunity to walk away. It keeps my hands clean of unnecessary bloodshed and allows a potentially undecided person to return to their family and rethink their job and their life. If they forced the issue or showed up with guns drawn (or jumped through a window, or blew the door, or.......) then I would make the decision to protect my rights with violence. Until that point, I'm not going to pull a trigger with delusions of heroism and starting the next revolution. Some junior agent making 12 bucks an hour is not the one responsible for gun confiscation, and I doubt he'd be willing to die for it. Let cooler heads prevail, if such heads exist. Just my 2 cents. :tiphat:
Tyrants never do their dirty work. They send someone else. Those that do come to confiscate have made the decision to join in the tyranny. Actions have consequences.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 240

Post by RoyGBiv »

back to the memes

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

LDB415
Posts in topic: 44

Post by LDB415 »

OlBill wrote:
twomillenium wrote:Police Chief in Houston is from Cuba and he marched with BLM in Austin, so you guess.
He was 4 when his family immigrated. He is a product of California, not Cuba.
Aren't those pretty much the same thing?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 194

Post by puma guy »

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 368

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

strogg
Posts in topic: 12

Post by strogg »

Flightmare wrote:Image
Don't forget they'll then go after anyone who disagrees for racism, sexism, theism, and whatever other isms there possibly are.

As an aside, that looks like an airsoft gun...

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 368

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 53

Post by ninjabread »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

(Trying again. Apparently somebody took offense at the picture version of this meme.)
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Bushwhacker »

C-dub wrote:Image
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”