Another Meme Thread

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Another Meme Thread

Post by ninjabread »

This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TexDotCom »

sss prn wrote:
TexDotCom wrote:Yet again this thread is suffering from scope creep...primarily in a non-firearm-related political direction.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
I'm having trouble understanding your statement. It *sounds* like you're calling me part of the problem, when it seems to me I was indeed being part of the solution by pointing out the issue that had, to that point, gone unaddressed. What am I missing?

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 13

Post by RogueUSMC »

TexDotCom wrote:
sss prn wrote:
TexDotCom wrote:Yet again this thread is suffering from scope creep...primarily in a non-firearm-related political direction.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
I'm having trouble understanding your statement. It *sounds* like you're calling me part of the problem, when it seems to me I was indeed being part of the solution by pointing out the issue that had, to that point, gone unaddressed. What am I missing?
Don't pay him no mind...that account began Saturday...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

BBYC
Posts in topic: 69

Post by BBYC »

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 240

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero
Posts in topic: 19

Post by flechero »

TexDotCom wrote: What am I missing?
a sense of humor :lol:

By your definition, nearly every thread on this site contains at least a little creep. To quote an oldie but goodie... "Lighten up, Francis!"
:tiphat:

TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TexDotCom »

I am not missing a sense of humor. This thread has "scope crept" multiple times. I didn't come to the TexasCHLForum to see "meme pics" of either political party bashing, or being bashed by, others. I came for firearms-related "stuff". That doesn't sound like I don't have a sense of humor. It sounds like folks aren't staying on topic. I've seen it many times over the many years I've been a member of the Forum. It's very frustrating.

That's all. Done with this thread and this "conversation" since apparently I am a minority of one in this.

:txflag:

oohrah
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oohrah »

^^ No. I'm with you. Why I avoid the Off Topic threads.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G26ster »

TexDotCom wrote:I am not missing a sense of humor. This thread has "scope crept" multiple times. I didn't come to the TexasCHLForum to see "meme pics" of either political party bashing, or being bashed by, others. I came for firearms-related "stuff". That doesn't sound like I don't have a sense of humor. It sounds like folks aren't staying on topic. I've seen it many times over the many years I've been a member of the Forum. It's very frustrating.

That's all. Done with this thread and this "conversation" since apparently I am a minority of one in this.

TexDotCom. There's a reason this thread is in the "Off Topic" forum. As the forums list says, "Off-Topic - Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!" So if all you want is firearms related subject matter, stay away from the Off Topic forum. Pretty simple and will save you the frustration. Just as in the past I have blocked posters because I didn't want to read their garbage (fortunately all those are now banned or voluntarily gone). But, I do get your point about "thread drift." Hate threads that are addressing a firearm I have interest in, and eventually end up as a discussion about bacon or someone's latest homemade smoker. But thread drift is just an unavoidable fact of life on internet forums. Hopefully I haven't contributed too much to this here, and we can get back to amusing memes. :cheers2:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 368

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 368

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

flechero
Posts in topic: 19

Post by flechero »

TexDotCom wrote:I am not missing a sense of humor. This thread has "scope crept" multiple times. I didn't come to the TexasCHLForum to see "meme pics" of either political party bashing, or being bashed by, others. I came for firearms-related "stuff". That doesn't sound like I don't have a sense of humor. It sounds like folks aren't staying on topic. I've seen it many times over the many years I've been a member of the Forum. It's very frustrating.

Sorry, TDC... Clearly my attempt at humor failed.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 65

Post by C-dub »

flechero wrote:

Sorry, TDC... Clearly my attempt at humor failed.
Nah, I got it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 12

Post by treadlightly »

RoyGBiv wrote:Image
I consider myself pretty adept at maintaining privacy even when hugged. The secret is keep your strong-side arm low (unless you cross draw, of course). Your amorous friend won't have an arm near your armament.

Twice, though, over Thanksgiving I got surprised by huggers. I know I should have been outed, but there was no reaction in either case.

Or maybe it pays to live in a pretty civilized part of the state not prone to hoplophobia. Actually, I think that's what I would prefer to think. They noticed and just thought, "Oh. A responsible gentleman."

I'm spoken for, of course. I got hugged, I didn't get swept off my feet. A wandering eye on my part would put hurt in another pair of eyes, and that shall not happen.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”