Katie Couric's doc violated interstate firearms transfer laws?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Katie Couric's doc violated interstate firearms transfer laws?

Post by warnmar10 »

DevilDawg wrote:I tried looking for a "golf clap" smiley but didn't see one.

Well Played RoyGBiv, well played.
Image Image

Treetop
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Treetop »

TreyHouston wrote:
Treetop wrote:
Treetop

:iagree:
What part of the country is that??? West or South?
I put west because the person committed the felony by crossing the state line from Arizona to his home state of Colorado with the firearms... Southwest would be more appropriate but that wasn't an option.
Life Member NRA
PSC member 1984-2015
Texas CHL holder since 1998
Sgt. USMC 1968-1971

Treetop

Post by Treetop »

PhilBob wrote:A liberal "friend" of mine is already using this as evidence of how easy it is to obtain guns illegally and why we should have even stricter gun control. The producer, the buyer and the seller should all face federal charges, and maybe even Couric since she also had a hand in this. To just let it go would be totally wrong.
I agree, PhilBob, if you think about it, Couric and her team have played right into our hands with this "self admitted" felony.

What have gun owners been saying for years now?

No need to pass more gun laws, just get tough on criminals and enforce the laws already on the books. They (Couric and her team) have given us a perfect opportunity to prove that we have always been correct, let's not let this golden opportunity slip by. Get all of your pro-2A friends to inundate the BATFE tip line with this!

Respectfully, Treetop
Life Member NRA
PSC member 1984-2015
Sgt. USMC 1968-1971

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

Treetop wrote:I decided to be pro-active, FWIW.

I went to the BATFE "submit a tip" page:

https://www.atf.gov/contact/atf-tips

And wrote this:

Katie Couric's TV producer, Stephanie Soechtig sent a resident of Colorado, across state lines to Arizona to purchase several firearms without going through an FFL dealer.

I would urge every member of the forum to submit a tip re: Stephanie Soechtig's self admitted actions. I've heard that you shouldn't use hyperlinks when submitting a tip because the BATFE spyware won't accept the tip, other than that, feel free to write your own tip or copy mine. It doesn't take but 30 seconds. Will it help? I don't know, but remember we gun owners flooding the BATFE a year or so back with requests to not ban the "armor piercing" green tip 5.56x45 ammo? That worked...

Treetop

Sent in a tip!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Treetop

Post by Treetop »

TreyHouston wrote:
Treetop wrote:I decided to be pro-active, FWIW.

I went to the BATFE "submit a tip" page:

https://www.atf.gov/contact/atf-tips

And wrote this:

Katie Couric's TV producer, Stephanie Soechtig sent a resident of Colorado, across state lines to Arizona to purchase several firearms without going through an FFL dealer.

I would urge every member of the forum to submit a tip re: Stephanie Soechtig's self admitted actions. I've heard that you shouldn't use hyperlinks when submitting a tip because the BATFE spyware won't accept the tip, other than that, feel free to write your own tip or copy mine. It doesn't take but 30 seconds. Will it help? I don't know, but remember we gun owners flooding the BATFE a year or so back with requests to not ban the "armor piercing" green tip 5.56x45 ammo? That worked...

Treetop

Sent in a tip!
That's excellent, Trey! I sure wish more people would take advantage of this Liberal's mistake . We may never have another opportunity this "juicy" again.

Treetop
Life Member NRA
PSC member 1984-2015
Sgt. USMC 1968-1971

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Just a note that the BATF online tip link posted previously does not require that you enter any identifying information; you pick the category of possible offense (firearms, explosives, etc.), enter your tip in free-form text, and then, optionally, select one of four regions of the country where the possible offense took place.

For those who may not want to go to the Ammoland site to see this--and for those who may want their blood pressure elevated or want to release a cathartic scream at your computer monitor or mobile device--here is the interview for "The Lip TV" with the massively uninformed director of the "documentary," Stephanie Soechtig. It's at about marker 1:25 where she openly admits to the federal crime and calls it perfectly legal, and then continues to spew more rubbish like "in this country 40% of all firearms are purchased through private sales without background checks" and "the U.S. has the highest per-capita murder rate of any developed nation":

Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

AndyC wrote:Sent in a tip last week when TAM's son, The Annoyed Boy, mentioned their tip-line.

Let's use one of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals against these lefties and keep the pressure on :)
Andy, you rock.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Now, Couric & company are trying to cover their tracks by claiming the firearms were destroyed. Even this is almost certainly a lie too.

Where Are Katie Couric’s Illegal Guns? Not Where She Thinks!

Were Katie Couric’s Shady Guns Actually Destroyed By Police?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:Now, Couric & company are trying to cover their tracks by claiming the firearms were destroyed. Even this is almost certainly a lie too.

It doesn't matter what they did with them. The crime was still committed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

C-dub wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:Now, Couric & company are trying to cover their tracks by claiming the firearms were destroyed. Even this is almost certainly a lie too.

Except that,if they really did turn them over to Law Enforcement, they can be used as evidence... evidence with a very well documented chain of custody.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
C-dub wrote:

Except that,if they really did turn them over to Law Enforcement, they can be used as evidence... evidence with a very well documented chain of custody.
That's even better! If only ... :drool:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Second Amendment Foundation is also pushing the BATF to go after katie Couric and company!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

dragun

Post by dragun »

Really is frustrating that it's so blatant that the laws don't apply to the certain segment of the chosen few. I'm sure if Sean Hannity did something like this the DOJ would be all over him. And people wonder why Trump is the rep. nominee. (Not that he'd do anything but the perception is sure there)

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”